Sale Plants

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,I keep saying I don't need any more plants but these were on sale at local discount store and they just jumped in my basket. Gaillardia "Arizonia",yarrow "Tuitti Fruiti"(only $2.98 each) and echinacea "Hot Summer"($4.94)

Thumbnail by bigred
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Echinacea 'Hot Summer' is awesome! That is a steal.

Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

yummy! You got a great deal!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I went back the next as the girl said she was marking down more but all she had marked down were evergreen shrubs and I didn't need any more shrub.Dang!

Those are some very nice healthy looking plants. Nice to get a good bargain!

Minneola, KS(Zone 6a)

Your can get them for about the same price on santarosagardens.com right now but then you have to pay shipping:( They are having a huge sale. Their plants normally come just as good if not better than our local greenhouses in the mail. They come in 4 inch pots though so quite a bit smaller than those.

This message was edited Jun 7, 2012 9:38 AM

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Two days ago, my local Sam's had all of their plants half off. I was able to pick up 2 Bloomerang lilacs for my mother-in-law for $4.50 each. They are nice sized too, in 1 gallon pots. :) Is there a forum specific to plant sales on here?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm trying to stay very far away from nurseries....I'm still trying to find places for all the stuff I have to plant now.

Husband of a very good friend that passed away about 3 yrs ago,has sold their place and has asked me to come get her plants...or as many as I can. I went over and looked Wed. Just the irises number in the thousand...OVEY!

Minneola, KS(Zone 6a)

Good luck, hope the friend is doing well and the move is going ok, can't be easy. If you have way to much I'm sure many of they people on this network would be willing to pay shipping and a bit more to receive a few too:)

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,I would make the offer but my scedule right now prohibits me from time to dig and package for mailing.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

No more nursery cruising for me either.

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

I shouldn't be cruising the nurseries anymore either, but I have been. When I have my mom with me, it's easy to convince us both to just go "take a look." We are dangerous together. ;)

Just this past Saturday, we went to our favorite produce stand where I was able to snag a small, braided gardenia tree for $5. What a bargain!! Of course I promptly planted it into a brand new $20 pot....

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Love it!! Who else has found great deals?

Thumbnail by jaimelemon
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

FIVE DOLLARS!? How could you not snag that bargain?

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Bigred....just to let you know german iris can be dug, dirt washed off and stored out of the groung for weeks or even months in a cool dark enviorment. Heck last summer I bought a box of Iris that had their leaves and roots removed (just rhizhomes). They had been sitting in a box under a tree with western exposure (afternoon sun), I brought them home and got them planted over the summer and fall. I wasn't sure if they would make it, guess what, I got scads of iris!!!! The key was that the rhizhomes were still plump, and I sprinkled them with water ocassionally.

So see, you could dig as many as you can, bring them home to the shade and sell us some!!!! Lol. I'd be willing.

Good Luck, Kathy.

pix some of my goodies I've gotten over the years, can never have too many iris.

If you were to decide to dig, I would be interested and could trade money or perennials, just saying..... take a look at my have list, I do many trades over in Group Trades here at Dave's. D-mail me if your interested.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2012 3:07 PM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

sad to report that 2 out of the 3 WM plants have died

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.