Medical Question

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

I stepped on a nail yesterday. Of course the doctor put me on antibiotics today. He's talking about if it doesn't look better tomorrow about me going to the hospital for IV antibiotics. I would really rather do that on an out patient basis. I have no insurance so it's financial, but I really don't want to be laying around a hospital just to get so IV antibiotics.
Has anyone had or know someone who's done it that way. I'm east of Syracuse. Utica or Syracuse would be easy, farther would be harder , but doable.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

No help here but I would do what he says....that could turn serious fast!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

No help from me either Doug but hope it heals up quickly. Did you get a tetanus shot?

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Yes I did. It was actually a combination of Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussiss. That was what is available.

Thomaston, CT

My DH stepped on a nail about 8 years ago.....the PA just cleaned it out in the ER & gave him a tetanus shot, but I would get the antibiotics....can't be too safe today with the flesh-eating bacteria.....

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

You can do IVs at home, with a home care agency, it still costs some. They teach you how to do them.

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks everyone. I just got back from the doctor and we've decided that the antibiotics I'm taking are going to do the job.

Thomaston, CT

Good news!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Whew!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Good news Doug!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Just saw this. Glad it is going well, Doug

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Just saw it too. Good to hear, Doug.

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks everyone. It took until about Saturday morning before it felt like it turned the corner. Part of the problem is that I quickly started to walk on the toes on my left food and I had to work on walking flat again. It's started to itch which is a good sign I guess. Looking at the board I bet I drove it more than an inch in to the back part of my heal.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

OUCH!!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Ooooh, ouch! So glad to hear that this did not turn out to be a serious issue for you, Doug.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.