The screen of death. Instructions on reloading OS anywhere?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy, Folks!

I bet you've missed me and my elementary questions regarding computer issues, eh? :>)

I recently was given a new-to-me tower/PC with XP on it (since my WIN2K no longer works with so many browsers and my new printer, dagnabbit!). Unfortunately after a week or so I got an error message on it, "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter".

I rec'd an XP CD last week, put it in the computer but ended up getting so many choices to click on I have no idea how to load it all up again.

Question: Is there a dummied down site that will lead me to reloading this OS in a step by step manner?

As for now I'm still using my Win2K computer so am able to get online but sure would like to get a newer-improved OS so I can access other browsers beside Opera and also use a new printer I have. I was glad I hadn't started using the XP tower full time nor have I moved my files over to it yet, which will be yet another piece of education because I only know how to put files on a flash drive then plug the flash drive in to the new(er) computer and copy over; yikes, lots of copying there, eh?)

Any guidance, words of encouragement or commiseration is greatly appreciated.

Shoe

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!