Shower Rod with Stripped Screwheads

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi, I'm hoping someone can come up with a bright idea of how to remove these stupid screws! The people I bought this house from evidently didn't know alot about putting up shower rods and they've put it too high and too far out (It's one of those curved ones). The length of curtain that I need doesn't exist (even on the internet, if you can imagine that!) and the curtain basically touches the toilet-that's how far out from the tub it is LOL..

Anyway- all of the screws are Phillips screws and 3 out of 4 has the head stripped- seriously! I went and bought one of those nifty little damaged screw extractors, but even my son couldn't get them out. I think these screws are too long-the one I can get out is about 2 1/2 inches long.

So, as I said.. I hope someone has a bright idea for me- I'm bound and determined to get that thing moved one way or another!

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!