Round up pictures

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

A good time was had by all. It was HOT, but we enjoyed the food , fellowship, and plants. I'll post some pics here. I'm sure you all will see some familiar faces. 1st: My favorite pic of the day, Nolan and Drew.( Ric & robyn's new dog.)
2nd This is the trough Joycet made and got filled for Gigi's Shade garden. Paid for by donations.
3rd Food line and great eats! 4th Plant trading , and last but not least, Ric as auctioneer.

Thumbnail by dispatcher1 Thumbnail by dispatcher1 Thumbnail by dispatcher1 Thumbnail by dispatcher1 Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks for starting this Thread Lou!

Once again I think a great time was had by all!

There were some serious discussions about this RU between Sue, Robyn and I starting many weeks ago.
At first Sue wanted to keep it as light and upbeat as possible w/ no mention of Gigi.
Then she realized that we all knew her too and she had in fact met most of us at the last RU.
Most importantly it was one of Jessica and Sue's 'Good Days'.
She decided Jessica needed to be remembered.
As time went on it evolved into a Celebration of Friendship and Family holding and helping Sue and her Family as much as we could.

Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful trough Cookie. Would have loved to seen it in person, but I think I made the best choice today by staying in out of the heat.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm having problems loading pictures so will try again tomorrow.

Sad you weren't there Bonnie but I agree you made the right choice.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Funny we've had RU's now ranging from snow/sleet at the first one to right at 90° yesterday.
Let me see if I can get these to load today.
#1 Dave and Dru picked out a shady spot.
#2 Robyn, Lou and Rebecca (R-L) looking at Rebecca's wonderful glass ornaments.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I can only get 2 pictures at a time to go through..... and that's taking forever.
A site not a browser problem.

#3 Pauletta, Dave and Lou
#4 Denny and Little D. Little D has been at RU's since before he was hatched....lol!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

#5 Robyn and Pauletta

#6 Cookie!
Her first time at this venue.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

#7 The crowd gathers

#8 Bob and Esther arrive

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

#9 Dave, Pauletta, Denny and Robyn.
Dru did far better than we thought he would.
#10 Robyn talking to tabasco's niece.
Michelle and 3 of the '6 Pack', her DH Craig and Rebecca's DH.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

#11 The nice thing about this venue is the shade and good breezes off the Ohio River.
Even at near 90° it was pretty comfortable there. tabasco, in her gardening hat, talking to Sue.
As you can see the plants keep coming in.

#12 Cookie and Pauletta

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

For some reason I can only load 2 pictures at a time.
So here's the last ones for a bit...... need to go water some before it gets BLAZING Hot out there.

# 13 Lou and Sue

#14 (l-r) Buz and Judy in the background w/ Rebecca's DH (name please as I'm having a senior moment).
Dave, Craig and Robyn foreground.
BTW I don't name kids online unless I'm cleared by the Parents.

it was a good day.
BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. !!!!
Bonnie i agree. We missed you but need you to take care of yourself. Sending well wishes to you and a speedy recovery
I stayed at Cookie's and she kept me drunk and up late !! sheesh.

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

#15 I have to say this one scared me a bit. We really weren't sure how Dru would do around small male children.
He had been raised around little girls. Chelle's little guy and Little D were like Dog Whisperers to him.

#16 SO many plants!

Good seeing everybody, even if it is in pictures. I really really missed being there, but there is no way that I could have made it, without a stop by the ER again.

I sit in the recliner, move to the sofa and then back again. In a couple of days I will have that routine down pat!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

#17 Esther on the hunt! lol!
Marcy's DH Dave and Denny in the background.
#18 The crew getting ready for lunch.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I didn't take any photos yesterday. I'm considering killing Ric for a few he did take. LOL No problem mentioning my kid's names. I have a baseball bad and a 2 dog alarm. :)

I did want to pop in here and say I had a really nice time yesterday. It was so nice to see everyone!

Morganne wanted me to be sure to thank those of you that gave her stuffed "Graduation" and "Congrats on the job" cards. It was very thoughtful of you. You are the best parents and grandparents that we never had!

No only did we come home with a slew of plants and cuttings, I made off with a new mixer, a box of shoes, a bag of shoes, cabbages and more! Every time I turn around, I find something else. LOL

And thank you Pat, for sending us home with the rest of that big Servatii's pretzel sandwich. It came in handy while we sat at the ER for 3 hours. But you knew that since I was bending your ear.

Thanks for a good time!

Chele, why were you sitting at ER for 3 hours?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Morganne didn't feel good and had a sore throat with blisters. I would have sworn she had Strep. I didn't want her to have to wait until Tuesday to get antibiotics so we stopped at the ER. They did a Strep test and it came back negative. So they did a mono test and it too came back negative. They ended up giving her a prescription and told her to see her family doctor on Tuesday. Geesh. Her throat is still swollen and she feels like crud. It didn't stop her from going out last night. LOL She also made it to Graduation yesterday but could barely talk.

could it be the foot and mouth disease ?? or is that just a infant thing ? i know jessica had it once and it hurt like the devil poor thing.
hope she feels better soon. sending healing thoughts to her.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Sue. I don't think so. She doesn't have anything anywhere but her throat. Her lymph nodes weren't even swollen. Two doctors and two nurses were perplexed. LOL At least they gave her antibiotics. Hopefully she'll be feeling better by tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.