Major De-Clutter number two....please help with ideas

Crozet, VA

Hi folks - I was writing elsewhere on Clean and Clutter Free and decided to start a new thread and hopefully get some some new folks and new ideas. Many of you reading have been listening to my story for almost two years now. Many of you saw me through a many month long major de-clutter the winter of 2011. It was with the help, support and encouragment from other Dave's members that I was able at that time to send a lot clutter out of here.

Almost two years later, feeling really good about what was accomplished then, I am now ready to hopefully do a part two and hopefully find ways of getting rid of even more stuff that would be clutter related. Same as with other collectors, I am growing weary of too much stuff and am really starting to like a more minimalist look to my surroundings. I have loved each and every little knick knack that adorns this place, but am hoping that I am able to find a better suited style for my home.

The time has come that I am able to realize a dream of new flooring and that means a lot of packing up of things in order for the carpet installers to get in here during mid June and work. I figured that while packing every thing anyway....it is the perfect time to once again go through items and see if there are things I am now willing to let go.

I am hoping to once again find some folks who will help me through this project. I don't believe I would have ever accomplished what I did two years ago if it hadn't been for the help and support I received from others who are also interested in tackling their clutter. Any hints or tips for making the job easier, will be gladly received. I am open to success stories, as well as failures. Maybe I can learn from others mistakes.

Anyway.....hoping I can get some dialog to help me through this major undertaking. Thanks in advance for all responses.

By the way, hope that everyone is enjoying the long weekend. Have lots of fun, but be safe doing it.

Ruby

This thread has 57 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!