What are your favorite flowers?

Overland Park, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi! I'm new to Dave's Garden.
I garden in the Kansas City area.

What are your favorite flowers?
Mine are probably whatever is in bloom when I am asked, LOL!
However, I would have to say zinnias, coneflowers, and marigolds are favorites of mine.
Oldies but goodies!

I am really going through an annual phase right now.
I have perennials, and appreciate when they come back each year, but I also enjoy changing it up
and planting different annuals and having lots of color to play with!
Like painting with flowers........

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Hi neighbor, welcome,
hmmm.. my favorite flower would probably be the Prickly-Pear flower. It is such a short-lived but solid color flower depending on which one you have. I had the regular one a few years ago and it bloomed this really nice yellow. There is just something cool about a cactus in flower! The Prickly-Pear that I have now is too small to flower I think. It grows every year since 2007 or so when I put it in this little Hawaiian Punch jug bottom, I am afraid to put it in a bigger pot, I think I'm going to get stuck and I don't want to ruin a pair of gloves either! I always wanted to see my Cholla flower purple also but it has never flowered, I'm still waiting.
The pic is my big, old Prickly-Pear from yesteryear.

Thumbnail by shortleaf
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

My favorites are coneflowers, roses, coreoptis, zinnas, salvia and daisies. I like anything that is easy to grow. lol.

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Hello from St. Louis!! I enjoy plants that are somewhat unusal. Right now I am enjoying tending to my 3 rose trees. (I also have 2 rose bushes that I got a late start with.) I also found a Tibouchina at a local nursery, it has been really fun. My pride and joy is my Meyer Lemon Tree that was my Mother's Day gift this year. I also have a key lime tree. :)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I've always been partial the daisies ,wildflowers most,and daylillies!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone. I like the unusal as well and love tropicals. I have elephant ears, plumerias, gingers, all kinds of tropical stuff, but in the garden gosh that is hard, kind of like you Gardenblue, what ever is blooming, but I do love hostas also, not so much their blooms tho. Love iris in the spring and live up by the iris farm north of kansas city, bad combination...rofl. There is also a guy who sells daylilies in Lawson which is north of Kansas City.

Maybe you can post some pics of blooms you love.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.