Brenda

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

For those of you who met my cousin, Brenda, while I was active in Mid-South, please remember her in prayer.

Her 28-year old son committed suicide yesterday. She is in Southaven, he is in Jacksonville FL. She must take care of everything, wind up his estate, etc. She needs your prayers. He was her only child.

Thank you, my friends, so much for this.

Pat

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry to hear that! Tell her if she needs anything to call me. I might be able to get away for a few days to help her pack up his estate. She shouldn't be doing that alone; it's too hard emotionally and physically. This week I'm busy with a charity event which we'll wrap up Fri night. After that, I should have some free time, so tell her she doesn't have to do this alone.

Did you bring Brenda to my garden party years ago? I'm so sorry for your and her loss.

NancyAnn

Thank you, NancyAnn. Yes, she did come to your house once. It was the very first plant swap for her, I believe.

Ripley, MS

So sorry to hear this, I can't place Brenda--my memory is not that great, does she have any idea why, I know that would drive me crazy in her place.

She is there this morning, and it begins all the terrible things she will have to go through. He left a note for her that she has not seen yet. I talked to her last night. She greatly needs our prayers.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Pat I am so sorry to hear of Brenda's loss. Words cannot convey comfort at this point but know that my thoughts and prayers will be with your family as you go thru this!!! Pat is this Brenda?

Thumbnail by jeri11
Booneville, MS

Pat, I'm so sorry for your sister's loss. My prayers are withher and you.
terrye

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Pat, I'm very sorry for your sister's loss. Prayers of comfort for you both.

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your thoughts and kind words.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh Pat, I am so sorry to hear this! Sending many many thoughts and prayers her way.

Thanks, crissy.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sorry I am so late seeing this thread! I can not imagine having to deal with such a tragedy! I have never met either of you, but I will add you both to my prayer list. I pray God will give her unimaginable strength for this task at hand, and I pray she has some friends who will help her!

Genna

Yes, Jeri, that is Brenda. She came with me a few times. Thanks all for your loving concern. She is still in FL taking care of business.

Ripley, MS

I looked at the picture and realized I do remember her, isn't she a teacher Pat?
I know it is very hard on her, how is your sister doing now?

Hi Sandra. Brenda is a retired teacher. She is Loving her retirement, and thanks to Us at Dave's, she has a beautiful, flowery back yard. Someone gave her some oak tree seedlings, and they are now 20' tall and provide cool shade for her sitting pleasure. Her back yard is 100% bermuda because she sat there and pulled every weed out of it!! She has a small front yard which she turned into a flower garden. We at Dave's nurtured her at just the right time, and she is a true flower person now.

My sister, Jill, is doing very well. She just started a new job and is intently learning new concepts and methods.

I just miss them (as well as y'all) because we moved 5 hours away.

Thank you for continuing to remember Brenda in your prayers.

Pat

Ripley, MS

My mind is getting bad with names, but when I saw her face, I remembered her. I am glad she has her plants, you can bury a lot of sorrow digging in the dirt.

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

I am so sorry to hear this Pat, but glad you reached out to us. I hate I am just now seeing this, but I am sure continued prayers are still needed.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh Pat, I just found this thread. Such sad news and I am truly sorry. Please let your sister know that we are lifting prayers to our Lord to hold her hand and help her through all of this. Sending warm hugs and thoughts to you, too, Pat. I know you are aching deeply for your sister.

Thanks, Bonnie and Kim. It was my cousin, Brenda, who lost her son. I appreciate your thoughts, prayers, and concern. And it's great to hear from you.

Pat

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, I guess my mind is lost...again...I certainly thought I found it ;o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.