just regular flies!

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

I would like a recommendation of what to put in a spray bottle to spray on those flies outside that "hover" & just fly around about in the same spot all day. Of course I'd love to hear there is something that won't kill me or my dogs, too!

Petaluma, CA

I use Victor Fly Ribbon Glue Catchers for those. They are strips and the reason they are so effective against porch flies is because of the repetitive pattern they fly. Hang one on each porch entrance during porch fly season and take them down in the end of summer. They are super sticky so where gloves when attaching them and taking them down. I usually attach them in the corners so I can tack the bottom of the catcher to the wood trim on the porch. Don't hang them where people walk though, hang them 7 feet up and unless Shaq visits you should be fine.. If there are a bunch of flies, you can use Dragnet diluted in a fogger type sprayer and that wont harm you or your dogs at all. But fly catchers and traps are generally the tool you will want to use.

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks, but no porch to put them! I'll try to look for Dragnet. Do you know where to get it?
Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.