one of my sister's clems

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i don't/can't grow them here with much success but my sister lives in st. louis and she has several. she sent me this picture today. i thought it was too pretty not to pass along.

Thumbnail by trackinsand
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Beautiful double trellis and gorgeous clematis, Debi. Any idea of the name?

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Very pretty, could it be Galore?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i'll ask. thanks for viewing!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

she had to dig through a box of old plant tags but she found it this evening. it's C. viticella 'Polish Spirit'. she has one planted at each leg of the trellis and she sent me a few more pics.

some of them aren't clems, just garden shots but i thought i'd include them. my sister is the one who sparked my passion for gardening and i'm very proud of her.

Thumbnail by trackinsand Thumbnail by trackinsand Thumbnail by trackinsand Thumbnail by trackinsand Thumbnail by trackinsand
Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Really beautiful gardens, I can see how she got you hooked. I don't have Polish Spirit, but I've often read that it's a blooming machine. Your sister's are a testament to that! Doesn't look too Floridaish though, is she further north?

Great gardens. Tell your sister we're enjoying them.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

thank you. she will appreciate the compliments. she lives in a suburb of st. louis, missouri.
pirl, i've often thought that your gardens remind me very much of hers....that same kind of vibe.

Thanks, Debi. For the last six months the vibe in two gardens is black plastic - how unromantic! It's there to kill the dreaded Houttuynia so let's hope next year is better.

Thumbnail by pirl
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

that is only a small part of your remarkable gardens...don't be so hard on yourself. good luck with the Houttuynia though. i know how one species can make a life miserable.....it's all you see.

Thanks. I do appreciate your comments and it is true. I haven't seen much of it this year except where it escaped but I got those pieces out. There will be more, I'm sure, but now I am a match for that devil.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.