WAY off topic! My Daughter Victoria's 8th Grade Formal Pics

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

Some of you may "know" my daughter, Victoria, from some of my posts. well, she is now 14 and is going into high school! i am terrified! lol anyway, she had her 8th grade formal last friday and i wanted to share a few pictures that i took. Victoria is 5'11" tall and thinks she is ugly. the dress she is wearing was a bit too tight about a month ago, so we started eating better and doing zumba and the dress fit great! i am very proud of how hard she has worked. you can see she is channelling her inner model! :)

tracie

This message was edited May 21, 2012 9:39 PM

Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

more pics

Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

and more!

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

more pics! we wandered around downtown looking for interesting places to shoot.

This message was edited May 22, 2012 7:18 AM

Edwardsville, IL(Zone 6a)

Tracie, what a beautiful young lady!!!!! Be proud, Mom.

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

thanks! i am always proud of my kids! :)

tracie

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I'll pay postage for some of her height lol ;)

My daughter will be in 7th grade next year and my son turns 16 this fall, can't believe it.

Tracie, Victoria is beautiful!

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

frilly, she just loves that she is so much taller than me! lol i am not short, i am an average size 5'6"! she has been taller than me for a couple of years now. i knew she was going to be tall, her dad is 6'3", but i didnt think she would be quite this tall. i tell her to own it and work those long legs! lol

tracie

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Being that she is your daughter I know you got the age right, but WOW, she does not look 14! I hope you have a BIG stick to beat the boys off with when they come flocking. Thanks for sharing. What is that Taylor Swift song? "When I was 15"

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

Laura, i am a bit concerned about her going into high school just for that reason! in middle school, most all of the boys were shorter than her. not going to be that way in high school! i dont think i am prepared for the "boyfriend" thing yet! :)

tracie

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Tracie, you have a daughter to be proud of, congratulations. My daughter Emily just turned 14 and will also be in the 9th grade next year. I feel your pain. LOL

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

yeah, well I'm not sure if my pain is due to her growing up, or if it is the realization that I am only a few years away from being a grandma yikes! My 12 yr old informed me on my 35th birthday that I only have 15 good years left.... sigh.

My son will turn 16 this fall, and I was ENGAGED at 17!!!!! I can't imagine it now!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Very pretty girl, and what a great dress!!! I remember her from your post, she was just a kid.

The three of you are really 'into' it. Good luck ;-o

Frilly...my oldest turned 31 this week, I just can believe it, I cant believe I could be that old.

This message was edited May 23, 2012 11:43 AM

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

My oldest turned 31 on May 11.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I guess its not that I feel so old, as it came so fast. 31..whoosh

Beaverton, MI

My oldest turned 31 march 1.

(Michele) Cantonment, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh wow, all those photos are just gorgeous. Your daughter is gorgeous as well. It's so hard to let them grow up.

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

i cant imagine her at 31! however, i know it will happen in a blink of an eye.

tracie

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

Ahhh... so pretty and yes, they grow up so fast!!

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Tracie, your daughter is beautiful and so is her dress. I think she could be a model.
My oldest (daughter) is 36 and my youngest (son) is 33 and yes, it seemed to happen almost over night. Now I have a grandaughter who is 16. It's fun, yet a bit scary to see them grow up so fast.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.