Mid-Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5b)

It has finally become obvious to me that I have lost 90 percent of my mums that have been growing in my garden for 20 years! There are only 2 little spots where they have come back and are growing. I know from past experience that I can restablish them and this is a great opportunity to clean out those beds and remake them (which they sorely need) but how strange that well established plants are suddenly gone! Did anyone else lose something like that?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

not for 20 years.. but 4 clumps of lilies that were over 3 years old didn't come back for me

Thomaston, CT

My mums are back...no problem....I lost a hardy rose, though, that I had for about 10 years......

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I haven't been here that long but it has been a weird year one of the first Aquilegia I planted is gone, that was about 4 years old

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh I lost those after 1 year

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

so sad

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Mums came back and are budding. I pinched them back.

Many of my alliums didn't show. I did see some foliage early on,, so maybe they froze.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

the mums I had to dig up to make room for the a/c unit are still in the bucket and starting to bloom

Thomaston, CT

My friend lives in a condo across town....her mums are budded, & she had a gerbera daisy return from last year....that's unheard of up here!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow really??.. wonder if they can self seed??

Thomaston, CT

It's in the exact spot I planted it in for her last year.....it came back from the original, I'm sure.....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

pretty cool... just realized all my football mums didn't come back.. they would have been 3 years old

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.