Amaryllis Belladonna bulbs for trade

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

It's that time of year, the Amaryllis Belladonna bulbs have gone dormant.
These are the solid pink type, they naturalize here on the central coast of California.
They are large bulbs, I can get four into a medium size flat rate box.
Would be interested in trading for zone 8b/9a plants or maybe postage and some interesting seeds?

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I have read in several places thattThe best time to divide is right after they bloom in August. They seem to get back on to a bloom cycle faster, so I have been told. I do tend to split and thin mines in September/October after the stem dries up and before the new leaves sprout up, but I have had to move some bulbs this time of the year, but have never followed up with whoever I gave them to to see if it makes a difference. Sometimes they bloom the following year after being transplanted, sometimes they take 3-4 years to rebloom. Have you ever noticed a cycle or pattern?

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

They usually skip one bloom cycle for me. I have some now that the leaves are completely dry so I figure this is as good a time as after the bloom cycle. I could be wrong, but they always seem to skip one cycle for me when transplanting no matter if I dig them now or in the Fall. I've never had them take three years, that would be a bummer. I always tell people to make sure they position them well because you really don't want to be digging them up on a whim.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.