Clematis 'Rosemoor' from Bluestone Perennials

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Here's my favorite Clematis. I got it from Bluestone's 50 percent sale last year. I just ordered another one. You can't beat this plant! Clematis 'Rosemoor' keeps blooming and blooming all through summer.

My Grandmother started me growing Clematis over 30 years ago when she used to dig the wild ones out of the woods. We didn't even know what plant they were back then. I found out later they were Clematis pitcheri. Do any of you grow the native Clematis pitcheri? It even has a fragrance to it. It's no Gardenia, but it is an unusual smell.

This message was edited May 20, 2012 7:33 PM

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
Grosse Pointe Shores, MI(Zone 6a)

Rosemoor is fantastic!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful! Does it really bloom all through summer? Does it bloom in flushes, where it blooms, then rests, then blooms again? I would LOVE to find some clematis that bloom longer and later than the ones I have. Yours is gorgeous!

It blooms heavy at first, but it keeps putting new blooms out constantly. It blooms better than any Clematis I've ever grown. The current blooms are shedding and it already has new buds.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Clint, what prunning type is that? I love the color!

I read that it's group 2. To be honest I didn't prune mine at all. It's so amazing. It bloomed well even with no pruning.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.