The great Plant Sale Marathon!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Today was the day of the Great Plant Sale Marathon. I attended six Garden Club plant sales today ranging from Reading, MA up to Ipswich, MA. I got some ferns, some yellow iris, & violets, among others. It was a beautiful day and I had a great time. I met some of my flower show friends at the various sales. Go Garden Clubs!
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Glad it was a great day, Martha.....I spent the day planting.....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that sounds great.. glad you had a good time!!!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

More garden club sales next weekend, and the weekend after that too. Next year for me, after shrubs are growing and the ones I have get divided. The one our high school offers on June 2 has always let you do an even exchange for a similar quality plant. I'd have to keep track of the many hardy geraniums growing into each other in my yard in order to properly participate.They're very good at segregating the invasives into one area.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Rosemary,
Saugus GC is having their plant sale on June 16 on the lawn of the school administration building on Main Street which is almost to the rotary in the center of town We'll be there from 9-2. Unless it is miserable weather, then we will have a rain date.
Where are other sales? I know about Rowley next weekend, but I would rather not have to go that far afield. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Martha

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yesterday as I was traveling to the mid-Atlantic plant swap at Holly and Ric's I drove through Amish country. What a delightful day. I have never seen as many of them out working in the fields with their teams of horses or mules. But, if I wasn't heading to a swap, I would have stopped at many a farm cuz they had OODLES of plants out for sale by the road. Some were posted $1.50. These were very good sized perennials. I was amazed!

Good luck with the sales!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Martha that sounded like fun!
I was tempted to stop at some of those stands too

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I'll look more closely at the signs around where I drive so I can spot some plant sales for this thread.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

A community organization in Dedham is having a plant sale from 9-12 on Sat June 2. I saw the sign for it driving into Dedham from rte 95, down 135, sign almost into town, sign on the right side gave the exact address.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

June 2 9-12 am Worthen Rd, Lexington, in front of the Lexington High School is the Community Gardens Sale--proceeds go to support a program that employs high school students to beautify the grounds. This year they made a boardwalk through the wetlands

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I stopped by in the rain--came home with a tray of plants including columbines, tiger lilies, helianthus,cimicafuga, and more for $5

Thomaston, CT

Great bargain....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks. Filling in the bare spots will take some time still.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Had company over the weekend, couldn't get there. Sigh.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.