Beginning bloom of island bed in front yard. ;)

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

And here is the start of my island bed in the front yard. It will hopefully just get better and better as summer progresses!

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Beautiful start to the season....looks like that little bear has been workin' hard!

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Really charming - a beautiful start!

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

I love it, Sherry! What variety of snapdragon is that? (pink plant, I think that's what it is...) I'm just starting to move some of my snaps out of the greenhouse.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

toni5735, LOL yeah, Joey the bear is always out there with me, rain or shine! He was named by my Granddaughter. LOL

DonnaMack, thank you! :)

kosk0025, I think it's from a rocket mix six pack that I planted a couple years ago. It reseeds.

Thanks guys!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Same bed on 06-11-2012. First photo was 05-17-2012. Quite a few more things in bloom with more to come. :)

1st pic------whole bed
2nd pic-----closer up astilbes in bed
3rd pic-----close up of more pretties in the bed
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, Sherry, it's glorious. I love the blues and pinks. And you have one of the few successful japanese maples I have seen. What a beautiful blend of colors and textures!

This message was edited Jun 17, 2012 5:41 AM

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous! A pleasure to look at. My astilbe aren't blooming yet. Maybe in about 2 weeks.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Lovely! Wonderful bed there, Sherry!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Thanks guys! It will change a lot throughout the season. Every year a little bit the same...a little bit different. :) I think I will keep posting here as it changes. A good way to have it in one place. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Lake Stevens, WA

Those are beautiful shots. You are way ahead of us on the west side.

Minneola, KS(Zone 6a)

Sherrygirl, I absolutely love that iris, do you happen to know what it's called?

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

springcolor, thank you! Our weather has been cooler than normal so far. But I have to enjoy it because I know it won't last. It gets way too hot here!

mclowdis, it's supposed to be "Pass The Wine". I think that's correct. But I ordered from a co-op here and several of them were not named correctly! ;( I think this one is correct though.

Sherry

Minneola, KS(Zone 6a)

Love that name too, thank you!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

The first shot is another shot of the bed on June 18th. More things starting to bloom. YEAH! Some yellow starting to appear now. The second shot is the other side of the island.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Very beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.