CLOSED: § 2012 RED, WHITE & BLUE§ Patriotic Showcase 1

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks Robyn and Kathy!!^_^

My buddies package is ready to go........will get it in the in the morning

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

My RWB box is on its way!

Hope my buddy is ready to receive! :D

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Gosh..all these boxes going out and just as I think I have mine, I go to Cracker Barrel today..boy what beauties.
hugs to all of you.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

We will be expecting pictures soon!! Hopefully before the week's over.

Didn't do anything to get my RWB box taped and mail ready. There's still space in the box!
I'm unfortunately not like some patriots here who are reknowned for their efficiency.
Always the last minute one.. guess I live on stress!! Lol.

Fruit pizza for supper, anyone? According to the recipe, just roll out cookie dough to fit a pizza pan. Bake the giant cookie, let it cool then cover it with cream cheese or Cool Whip. Add fruits.
I had made one using Pillsbury brand Sugar Cookie dough.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Waving to Faye!!! Cracker Barrel is one great stop indeed for nice gifts! You practically have to bring along a banker when you shop there!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Closest cracker barrel is 150 from here. That is a good thing!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57442698/radioactive-bluefin-tuna-crossed-the-pacific-to-us/

Please be careful of the fresh tuna you consume. It is radio active. Especially on the west coast!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow! I love tuna, only when it's grilled. Guess I'll stick to the canned ones.
Thanks LK.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

*gulp* I wonder if the fatty tuna sushi that I happily devoured in San Francisco was a culprit? 8(

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

box is on the way

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Heavenscape...thanks for the compliment. I love quilting but I need to get plants in the ground Now!!!! Lol. I have been plant shopping so no goofing off for me, phooey!!!! Plus I have trades showing up almost weekly. Maybe this winter..........hope, hope....

Here's another that I did about the same time....was a gift to my future son-in-law at the time. The gkids just love it.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

very nice ^_^

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks thunder, those antlers were only 1/8" showing. I said I'd never do that pattern again, lol. I enlarged from the origonal that was lap size to a full king size waterbed. Ya, a bit of math, lol......

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Good day fellow patriots!

It's raining again in my neck of the woods. If you're making that trip to the post office, hope it's a dry day for you.

Carey, when you see your hair standing in all directions and nothing can return it to normal.. then you'll know that tuna you had so happily devoured was contaminated!!!

Kathy, your SIL's quilt is 'handsome'. Perfect for a hunter (Guessing he is one)
Piecing and appliques on the quilt. You must have put in lots of hours.
Maths? What's that? Lol!! As long as a knowledge of logarithm isn't required for quilting!
Come to think of it, I thank God, we have tools that help us out.. not like the old days.. pre acrylic rulers and rotary cutter.

I shy away from anything complicated. The most demanding was a stack and whack project, or one block wonder! Still haven't put them together!!

Housework is calling. Kitties are begging for their food. Have a good day ladies!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Jaye, Well, I suppose that's better than it all falling out! lol

My box is scheduled to arrive Friday. Hope my buddy likes it!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Quote from heavenscape :
Hope everyone's having a good celebration today, even you Betty.

This picture is all wrong!!
Look at the only man standing to show some respect to our servicemen in the parade. And he's in a wheelchair!

I've seen that pic before. Sad isn't it? You know the parents of that age taught their kids to stand, but they did pass it to their children. I know I did, and to place your hand over your heart during the national anthem.

ohh I don't do math !! got to have my sailor boy around for that, good thing he sorta knows the basic concept of quilting.....as I can call him and tell him what I am trying to do, and he can usually tell me how to do it !!!

once upon a time I did mathematical, statistic reports for a college financial aid office....now I am lucky to remember my birthday !!! I was is a car accident, quite some years ago, and banged my head pretty darn good :( now I just can not do numbers!!

I received a wonderful box from Jordankittyjo today. Thank you so much. It is going to make my 4th sparkle. I will take pics and post the contents tomorrow. Such a great box!!!!!!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Nope no appliques on either quilt, only pieced, and yup the math was boggeling, it fit perfectly on top of a king waterbed, I had to add enough sky to tuck under pillows without cutting off any of the scene. Nope he's not a hunter, but an avid colorado hiker and mountain camping and bicycling.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Wow, that is a lot of pieced work! Great job!

Beautiful flowers Kathy!

Now on to my 'beautiful' RWB box from our other Kathy...Jordankittyjo.

She sent me:

4 table top tiki torches
2 rolls of patriotic toilet paper (love it! ^_^)
A bag of mints wrapped in flags. I love these mints!
3 piece bathroom set with soap dispenser, soap dish and toothbrush holder

Thank you soooooo much Kathy. Told you this was an awesome box. I love it all!!!!!!

Thumbnail by Crit

Wow, that is a nice box of goodies! Love those torches!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

you are so welcome. i'm glad you enjoyed it

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

You got me wondering there Carey if DH do secretly indulge in tuna sushi. He's halfway to a perfect cue ball for a head!!

Aww that could be a possibility Thunder. My brother had a bad fall when he's 8, required stitches on his forehead. He's the only one in the family that's academically challenged, but when it comes to music, he's a savant. His left brains must be intact.
Thank God for your Sailor Boy. When I need a human calculator, I call on DH.

Nice flowers there Kathy. I would love to see your name signing up on a future quilt block exchange! Your work is truly inspirational.

Oooh Patti!! Loving your bathroom set. Your guests would be smiling away to see patriotism displayed in your bathroom. And Sis Kathy thought of matching toilet paper too.
Sis Kathy, you're just too much!!

It's a very hot day today. In the 90s and my plants are in shock. From days of rain, to baking heat!
Wish I have a pool to soak in.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Jaye, I can send him some of mine! I donate every couple of years so I'm a regular "Hair Farmer". I have lots to spare!!

JordanKittyJo that is one purdy box of pressies you sent Patti! LOVE that toilet paper!!!! Wish I could find that around here!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Patti you received some Beautiful goodies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Another great box. Good job jordankittyjo.

Victoria Harbour, ON

What great treasures..don't things look better in Red/white and blue?

Synda, if you want to share that RW&B dessert, I'll be happy to help! Yummmm

awesome goodies!!! I want to know where you got the bathroom stuffs??!!! really!! I have a RWB stars and stripes shower curtain in one of my bathrooms, would love to have those in there!!!!

and RWB tp that is just fantastic!!!

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

This will be the third time I've tried to send this...have no clue where it's going after I click on send!!@!
I'm wondering if it get's lost because I uploaded 5 pictures... Will try to send pictures on next post????

Hopefully this will go to a new thread...please Jaye.

Warning: If time is short, don't start reading this. It's long but oh so good.
What a glorious, fun, relaxing, surprising and exciting day this has been. I just love gift cards, yes I do. Anyway on with my day.
This morning I met with my DIL to go Chris's Green House that is close to her. We were to spend gift cards that she & DS had given me for my Birthday and another for Mother's Day. Almost as soon as we got there I spotted a Pottery Strawberry Bowl. Told Kim that I really liked that for Hen & Chicks. Well while looking at many plants, another Strawberry Bowl exactly like the one I wanted just jumped out out me and the best part, it was already planted..Yippee, have enough cards to pay for it. Gosh it's a beauty.
Also had Cash from DD for Mother's Day that was burning me bad as I looked at all the pretties inside the store part. Found a thingy to put on the front of the house...way up high over front door. Now lunch was also included in the Mother's Day gift from DS & my DDIL. I really wasn't as hungry as much as I was so pleased with my new goodies and told Kim (DIL) that I would be happy at her house with a sandwich and we could have more time together. Roast Beef sandwiches with chips , pickle & iced tea hit the spot. I have 45 min. drive back home and Kim has to go to work.
Believe it or not, it gets even better.
At home
I start unloading the car and Ray comes to the door with a big grin on his face and tells me that I have 2 large flat rate boxes that the Mail Lady had just put on the step. Gosh I'm excited, left my new goodies in the car and went to those 2 large boxes. Once I put the boxes down, just had to see where they came from and who sent them....WOW Super suprise...no, I'm not telling yet. Keep reading, it get's better.
I put the top box on the counter and look at the second box...It's not for me, It's for Ray! I wish I had a picture of his face as he entered the kitchen to open the box. Then after he opened it, he just stood there with disbelief on his face and lips. He could not believe someone he had never met would even think of him let alone send him a box of goodies. Yes, a box of goodies. As you continue reading this drama, keep in mind that I haven't opened the box addressed to me and have no idea why it was sent to me. Ray's goodie box included: Hosta (oh boy I'm thinking, I know where that will go.) Now Ray pulls out a zip lock bag with a Caladium ( oboy again, love those) Then Ray started pulling out the sweet stuff:
Dove Toasted Almonds (lg. bag) , Hershey's Special Dark Miniatures (lg. bag)
Risen Chewy Chocolate Caramel covered in Rich European Chocolate (lg. bag), Life-Savers Hard Candy Variety Pack (lg bag) and Flag Buttermint Creams.
The FLAG Buttermint Creams got my attention but not as much as the last item that was in the bottom corner of the box...An Eagle Holding the Flag Windchime. OK, I'm guessing out loud as I cut into the tape to open my box...Box open and WOW I guessed right...Red,White & Blue was everywhere and I mean that box was packed to the max. LOL now you should see my face, felt like a christmas tree lit up. My RWB Swap Partner must have been planning, collecting and packing for quite a while. This box is loaded and with everything needed to have guest over to celebrate with us. Here goes, contents of this large box: LOL, hope you're enjoying this as much as I am. If I could spell and type it wouldn't take forever!
My Box contained:
PAGE 2 Continued from She's About to!
The most perfect table setting for July 4th gathering.
Tablecloth,& Mini Cascade Centerpiece with Red,White & Blue Stars
Dinner plates (16), Luncheon Plates (24), Food Baskets (24) Baking Cups that I'll use as individual peanut cups
1 "Real American" Mug, 1 Insulated Glass, 2 drink holders
Eagle with Flag Wind chime that will be hung over table.
Decorations: Red White & Blue Bucket with 1 Red, 1 White & 1 Blue Candle, Boy & Girl Table pieces celebrating July 4th.
Now get this, I will be notified of arriving guest by the Brass, painted Red, White & Blue Door Knocker.
As darkness sets in, the Patio Steps will have light coming from the 2 Solar Lights that were in this awesome box.
Before dinner guest leave, they will be served the delicious and pretty Flag Buttermint Creams.
Company now gone and I can have a easy clean up with the 3 piece pack of Red White & Blue Kitchen Towels..
Gosh, goodness , Gracious, she thought of everything.
What a Swap Partner I had, not possible to be better.......AND HER NAME IS:
LINDA KAY
Thank you so much Linda for both boxes. Super,Duper job. If I could write my excitement you would have a hard time reading it...can't spell.
I love everything and especially your thoughtfulness for Ray. Now you know we both want to meet you.

This message was edited May 31, 2012 9:03 PM

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Will not let me send 5 pictures. Will try for the 4th time and will try to send 2 @ a time.
1 is candy for Ray
2 is Table Setting

Thumbnail by dahtzu Thumbnail by dahtzu
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Now # 3 is Decorations
# 4 is Eagle with Flag Windchime

Thumbnail by dahtzu Thumbnail by dahtzu
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

More from Linda Kay...Loving this..
Check out this Door Hanger Bell
and the after dinner mints.
My clean up will be a pleasure with these so pretty towels

hope you have enjoyed my day with me.

Thumbnail by dahtzu Thumbnail by dahtzu Thumbnail by dahtzu

Wowsers !!! you sure did have a great day !! ^_^

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi Thunder, yes a great day and it would have been better if all you great people could have been with me.

Glenview, IL

Wow and Wow some more!!!

Love every thing.

Beautiful gnome for Liz!
Crit awesome bath decor and tiki lights...Just love the soap & t-brush holder!!
Faye & Ray!! woohoo!! Outstanding.

Big smiles for Mary, Kath and Linda Kay, way to go.

working on mine...

Glad to be your swap buddy Faye and Ray. I knew I had to send something to Ray also to cheer him up! Sounds like it worked?

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes Linda it did work. This time the misty eyes were not from pain.
Thank you dear friend.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

You won't ever forget May 31st 2012, eh Faye?
The day that just keeps on giving!! I bet you were beaming, each time you picked up a surprise and thanking the Lord!! Be careful of that bell. Ray might ring that bell each time he needs you. Better you send that my way. Love everything that LK had carefully chosen for you.
Ray.. it must have felt like Christmas for you!! There are too much sweet goodies to be keeping them all to yourself. We are all chocoholics here.. hint.. hint!!
LK, you did good sistah in surprising beloved Faye here, and thinking of Ray as well.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Glenview, IL

So smiling...misty eyed as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.