An update on my progress with Nepenthes

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

About 2 1/2 months ago, I posted about being a newbie to meat eaters and needed some advice….You guys are awesome! Thought I'd give an update in pictures to let you see how I've progressed. I give you my before, and after…..

Thumbnail by tlm1 Thumbnail by tlm1
noonamah, Australia

That's looking really good. Do you feed it anything?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi tropicbreeze, Thanks, yeah I think it's looking much better! No, I'm not feeding anything more than an additional bug that I may find once in a while. I am trying to be a little more conscious of the moisture, water in the pitchers, and a little more sun than it was receiving before. We've had a terrible lack of rain so I've been watering with distilled water, and it seems to be responding beautifully to that. Though when we do get rain, I make darn sure that it's getting some! :-))

noonamah, Australia

The advantage of rain is that it's fully oxygenated, something you're not likely to get out of a tap. Athough the tap water has many things in it, and most of those are unwanted.

Brea, CA(Zone 10b)

That is good looking. Thanx for the update

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Also, rain picks up other material on the way down, like nitrogen. Ever notice how things seem to really grow after a rain? Looking good!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.