2012 JUNE PLANT SWAP "SIGN UP"

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

JUNE SIGN UP CLOSES ON MAY 31st

IF YOU FIND SOMEONE YOU WANT TO MAKE A SWAP WITH PLEASE LET ME KNOW HERE SO I CAN TRY TO KEEP TRACK HERE .

YOU CAN SHARE AS MANY PLANTS AS YOU LIKE BUT NO LESS THEN 5 PLANTS .

SHARE PERENNIAL ONLY UNLESS YOU HAVE A SPECIAL DEAL WITH YOUR PARTNER ,
YOU MAY SHARE BULBS & CUTTINGS IF YOUR PARTNERS WANTS THEM.

CHECK THE ZONE HARDNESS FOR THE PLANTS YOU SHARE . OR ASK YOUR PARTNER .

SEND PLANTS PRIOITY MAIL WITH CONF#

IF YOU FIND YOU CANNOT SEND ON TIME JUST LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW THIS .
THEY MUST BE NICE SIZE OR WELL ROOTED PLANTS .

PLEASE POST & LET US KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE REC'D YOUR PLANTS . A PICTURE WOULD BE NICE BUY SOME MAY
NOT BE ABLE TO BUT A LIST WOULD BE NICE & JUST A THANK YOU TO YOUR PARTNER :)

THANK YOU ALL FOR JOINING US

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

HERE IS A CHAT LINK IF YOU WANT TO CHAT WITH US
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246832/

APRIL SWAP : CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248330/

MAY SWAP:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/#new

JULY PLANT SWAP OPEN FOR SIGN UP HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265705/

This message was edited Jun 18, 2012 6:20 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9

PLAYERS LIST
DEEJAY9--1
FOTV--1--------AliKat32
WWKATHY--1------VALMANSIA ---REC'D
ALIKAT32--2-------FOTV
PDF -----MAYBE PLAY :)))))
CRIT---2
ROXXANNE--1
SCBUTTERCUP--1
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CHEERMOM
HOLLSMAMMA
SCARLETBEAN

PLAYERS & PARTNERS
DEEJAY9----SCARLETBEAN
SCARLETBEAN----DEEJAY9
FOTV--1--------AliKat32 ------
ALIKAT32--2-------FOTV----REC'D
WWKATHY--1------VALMANSIA--REC'D
VALMANSIA-----WWKATHY
CRIT---AMANDASQE
AMANDASQE----CRIT
ROXXANNE----HOLLYSMAMMA
HOLLYSGRAMMA----ROXXANNE
SCBUTTERCUP---CHEERMOM
CHEERMOM---SCBUTTERCUP

This message was edited May 28, 2012 3:23 PM

This message was edited Jun 1, 2012 5:56 PM

This message was edited Jun 7, 2012 12:27 PM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll commit to one box, possibly two depending on how hot it gets. Sure would be nice if we stayed in the 70's like we are now with rain every few days.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I'm in for atleast 1, will let you know as it gets closer to trade time (ie June).

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi!

Count me in for two swaps for June....plants should be bigger by then and still not to hot out!

Fruity - Come up to NH if it's getting to hot in VA for a visit....wish I could have some of your heat! :)

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Too hot for me in June, but I will check in now and then and may pick back up at Iris digging time.
Have fun!
Alana

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Please put me in for 2 in June. I am pretty sure I will have plenty by then.

ok crit welcome everyone

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Me too!

Hi Rox!

Susie, please add to the list that AliKat32 and I will be swapping.

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yes putme on the list!

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Hey Fruitie!

Burlington, ON(Zone 5b)

You can put me on the list.. I can send out 2 boxes as long as I get 2 back :-) I am in Canada so it gets real cold.. (Like -40F) So some really nice plants that I have always wanted will never survive down here.. But I can guarantee anything that survives here now can survive anywhere :-P

Cal Love to have you but I'm not sure what the Guidelines are for sending Plants to Canada Let me research this Before i put you on the list can anyone here tell me if they have sent plants into canada before or not .??

will let you know when I get more info .

We have another Alaskan that works in the trades with us. Her name is Oberon46. She trades plants with us. You might dmail her and ask her these questions.

Crit CAL is In Canada , & Mary/Oberon is in Alaska , & I don't Know what the canadian custom's would do if we send plants across the border. I have not tried to send Plants across, would like to know if anyone has?

Antioch, TN

Susie, I will do one trade with warriorswisdomkathy.

Susie, I would be a little leary of sending a box of plants to Canada myself. I send seeds frequently and they are sometimes held up in customs for a week or more pending inspection-no big deal, but if a box of plants is held by customs it may not pass and even if it does the delay could be fatal for the contents of the box. I wish it were otherwise!
Alana

Alana, l@@kie at D/L 'Two-Part Harmony' blooming that. You shared it with me (two years ago?)

Also, I've asked Betty to chime in since she can never participate in plant swaps. She'll know the ins and outs of what can and cannot cross the border.

In the past I've mailed and received seeds from Canada, also dormants like Canna rhizomes and EE bulbs with no problem. Although I don't really know if the latter was 'legal'.

Hubby called to look at stain samples for our decks, forgot to add the pic.

D/L 'Two-Part Harmony'

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

OOOH now i know what to look forward to color on my TWO-Part harmony ty for share both of you :)

I hope betty will come let us know but as alana said I also would be leary about the delay in customs . well off to plant a few plants for a lady then off to Dine with the girls at Applebees MMMMMMM Marquritaville :)))))))
so i will try to get on later this eve when i gt back.

chat more later

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone,
I once sent masterworts to South Africa.....it took two weeks -- I sent 12 baby plants....three lasted....and I've been chatting with my trade partner on DG and she said they are doing well!

I declared plants on the customs list....they didn't seem to get stopped....but it did take a while to get to Africa! I think we should try it! I can trade with Cal.....

Candi

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Please count me in for June.

CheerMom
Sue G.

Candi that would be a great experiment if you are willing to do it!

I'm OK with it then we would all Know How it turns out for I for one DOn't mind sharing with our Canadian Neighbors I would be affraid to ship
if it takes 2-3 wks for the plants to arrive. so I will Put you down to send to cal . You would almost have to set up your trade soon so that both boxes would make it before I Close out the swap on the 30th of JUNE .

SO Cal Pop in & Let us know if you want to give it a shot with us & get in contact with ali

WOW Great Start of ANOTHER GREAT Swap :))) They say In the 80*-90's* by the weekend today is much cooler so i hope to get more of my plants in the ground & a few dug for the swap.so off i go before it gets to hot. you all have a great day .
back later about noon .

Oh well duh me. I must of been asleep during geography class. lol I was meaning to say Betty, not Mary!

Cuyahoga Heights, OH(Zone 5a)

I'm in for the June swap, I had lots of fun with May's swap!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone,
I just email cal .....I'll let everyone know if there are post office issues....!
Fruity and I are going to dig up the June boxes this week since it's getting so hot where she lives.... :)
Am so excited about more trades!
C

Evening Everyone,

Susie called today and asked to let you all know that her arms are still numb from the elbows down and still can't turn her head from such a stiff neck. The dr prescribed meds yesterday to help her rest, ran some tests but they came back clear except for some muscle issues. She's on dr's orders to stay home in bed and to keep ice packs on her neck. She'll be back with us as soon as she can. You know you can't keep a good woman down! Meds are making her groggy and said she hopes to be able to to sit up long enough to post tomorrow. This same info is posted on the May plant swap thread.

Hot is right, Candi! It was over 90 with unreal humidity today.....in the shade! Courtesy of the tropical depression off the Coast. Your plants will be dug and mailed when we get a little relief, hopefully next week. Thanks for being on the ball and trading with me!

This message was edited May 26, 2012 6:04 PM

GM all & TY FRUITY I'm still on the mend These Muscle Strains Are not any fun . so i hope you all will becareful while out in your gardens .
I won;t be on any more today But will get back when i can .
susie

Antioch, TN

Susie, glad to know you are coming back slowly. A deep massage would do well for those sore muscles.

Just a reminder that WWK and I will be doing a trade.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Susie
Good to hear from you! Get that massage if you can.....! :)

How are you doing today, Susie?

It is HOT HOT HOT. Come on week-end when we finally cool off and get some much needed relief, and rain.

Evening all well i still have a slight kink in my neck but not as bad as it was . I would rather of had a kidney stone then this stiff neck i had
it hurt & yes I cried only because the meds would not let me out of bed long enough to do my gardening & critters .
but then jim did help so all went well. I do feel much better now & off the meds .
My red & pink Poppies open did I show ya yet ?
ok forgot to type what pic is 1st & so on but the Gailardia there is what I shared with a few of you . & also the PURPLE Flowers in
pic 3 is what I thought was a campanula but not sure what type .

well off to get pops ready for bed try to get back later if not then have coffee read about 6am

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Susie, I realized today that the Daylily I sent you labeled Two Part Harmony is really Exotic Candy. I had more than one label mix up this year for some reason. At any rate, I will send you a real Two Part Harmony a little later. Sorry for the mix up.
Alana

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

susie...that looks like Campanula glomerata but a bit short. Think glomeratas are 12-18", how tall is that one? Glad you're feelimg better. Are you ready for your box??? I started digging today, so let me know, will ship maybe tommorow afternoon. Oh ya, save seed from that papaver somniferum, (both colors, wowser!!!!!). Put in seed for several poppies last week: some somnif. mix and rhoeas Angel's Choir mix. I also put in some old favorites (new seed tho, lol): Reseda oderata (mignonette), Asperula orientalis (blue woodruff) and Zaluzianskya (Night Phlox 'Midnight Candy'), these 3 are sooooo fragrant and I finally remembered to get new seed and actually plant it, lol. Hurray for me!!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Alana I'm sure I will enjoy The EC DL Just as Much As The TPH :) So Not to worry Ty For Letting me Know :)

Kathy Any time My NECK Is Much Better & Redy to get back to Gardening :) We are in for a Big COOL Down The next few days so I've got some digging & Planting to do :))) so you all have a great day back later at lunch time :)))

Plan to save all the seeds :)

these are only about 8-10" high

Thumbnail by deejay9

Here is a photo of the one I sent by mistake Susie. I will send you the correct variety when I start digging DL's late in the summer.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

Oh that is very pretty thank you for the MISTAKE :)))))

TODAY IS LAST DAY FOR SIGN UP FOR JUNES SWAP SO LET ME KNOW BEFORE OR BY
FRIDAY JUNE 1ST 8 AM THANK YOU ALL.

TRYING TO GET MY SWAP IN THE PARK PLANTS READY FOR SATURDAY IF ANY OF YOU CAN MAKE THE TRIP
LOVE TO HAVE YOU WE START AT 12PM. SIGN IN IS FROM 11AM -12PM

June's not even here and I received a great box of plants from you today, Candi! Every month, I think now this is a great box, then the next one comes and think the same thing and on and on and on. Yours is no exception filled with very nice healthy plants!

Sage -- can't get enough Sages, Salvias, and Agastaches
Blue Cardinal Flower -- saw pics and couldn't resist asking for a start
Purple Lilacs -- love the scent in Spring and haven't had on for years
Mums: One Yellow and one Purple, can always use more Fall color
Rose Campion -- big clump and really wanted to try this one
Masterwort -- another want
Mini Hostas -- promised for our Round-Up but will have to keep an eye of each for my Hosta Garden
Cranesbill, perennial Geranium -- so nice to have another chance to grow one

Hang on, Candi! Our cool down is promised to begin this week-end and will finish digging your plants as soon as I can. Your box is next for me to mail. You did an outstanding job, and I am so pleased with the plants you shared with me :)

I know you're going to have a great time Saturday, Susie. One of these years, you never know if I'll come walking up. Now that would be a fun surprise. Hubby and I are attending an annual festival Saturday, always interesting to see the critters and stuff everybody's selling, and of course plants.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.