tuberose: when will they bloom?

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

I've had these in a pot for 2 years and nothing! They were in the garage for the winter and now outdoors in full sun. Does overcrowding keep them from blooming? Can someone Help?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Do they look healthy? They tend to bloom later in the year and need a lot of heat & sun. In TX in full sun it seems like that shouldn't be an issue. When I grew them, mine didn't bloom the first year or maybe two that I had them, so it could be they just need a little more time. Hopefully you should see something this summer.

Duxbury, MA(Zone 7a)

I've had the same problem for several years, I've tried in pots, in the ground, not many blooms, some years none. I finally just read something on another website last week that once they bloom, they do not bloom again. It's the daughter bulbs that bloom, but it takes 2 years for them to get large enough to bloom. This made sense to me, why some years I get nothing. So I just potted mine, separating all the little bulbs. I planted the largest ones in a pot together, I'm hoping those are 2nd year ones and will bloom. Then I will plant all the smaller ones in a nursery section of my garden, assuming they will not bloom this summer. This is just hearsay, I'm not sure that's true, but that's what I'm trying this summer. And I agree, when they do bloom, they bloom REALLY late.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I've had them bloom consistently every year. In MA your trouble may be summers are too short & not hot enough so they don't bloom reliably.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.