Can anyone help with bed plans?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

My son and his fiance are getting married in two weeks! He is wanting his father and I to make a bed for them - but a particular style of course. He likes this bed http://www.westelm.com/products/narrow-leg-wood-bed-frame-f828/?pkey=cheadboards-bed-frames

His father and I have been traveling 2 hrs (one way) every weekend to remodel a house that we helped him purchase in foreclosure and so we really haven't had any spare time to try to pull this off since he asked a few months ago. We still are not finished at the house, but he has a new mattress, if we could just pull off the bed. I realize the outer frame of the bed is just 1 X 6's and that the foundation for the mattress itself is probably just plywood...... but I need a good source for legs like the one on the bed.

Also, anyone have any experience tying the plywood and "frame" together so that it looks good and stays together? We have a lot of carpentry experience and a SMALL amount of craft type carpentry experience - bookshelves, etc and my husband recently took some leftover hardwood lumber from my son's house and made him a very nice table out of it...... but with little time and little experience I thought maybe someone here could offer some great advice.

He also wants a matching headboard.................. http://www.westelm.com/products/diamond-tufted-headboard-g024/?pkey=cheadboards-bed-frames Any suggestions on that? There is a local woman who does upholstery work that I think will help me cover the headboard, but we are having a hard time finding hardware to attach the headboard to the bed itself....

I would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer! Thanks
Genna

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!