Help me ID this daylily please

Conroe, TX

This daylily was sent by mistake to me. It should have been Yabba Dabba Do. I bought it from a now defunk e-bay seller who is gone from the
e-bay scene due to poor performance... Go Figure !.
It blooms midseason, with 4-5 inch blooms. it is yellow-gold with a maroon eyezone and edge about half way up the petals.It also has a small gold edge all the way around the petals. The scapes are short (12-15 inches) and it is slightly fragrant. It seems to open late in the day, but I don't think it is a true nocturnal. It is Dormant.
I have eliminated many DL's because the eyezone on this one is narrow. It may be one of the "Candy" varieties, and I am sure it is not new or the vendor would not have sent it !
Any help is appreciated.

Thumbnail by goldilocks0613
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

That's the first thing I though of is that it may be one of the Candy daylilies.

Conroe, TX

Does anyone think this might be Canadian Border Patrol ? This is a later bloom since the first post.

Thumbnail by goldilocks0613
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

It could be anything. It could even been an unregistered seedling. Without knowing what the seller had, it's almost impossible to know what you got since so many daylilies look alike.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.