a few trees to Id

East Prairie, MO(Zone 7a)

I have some trees or shrubs I need someone to help me with please. Will try and send them al together if possible.

thanks Sami

Thumbnail by Sami

another pic of the tree or shrub in bloom. It has a sweet smell and the bees loves it. But it is invasive. I have to keep digging up the little seedlings.

Thumbnail by Sami Thumbnail by Sami
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

That's a Privet of some sort (opposite simple leaves, fragrant terminal flowers), and you are right to call it invasive. Seedlings will occur interminably.

ViburnumValley I looked up Privet and the flowers are different. The flowers are in clusters. Maybe the picture was just not in full bloom. We keep it trimmed so we can mow around it and trim it like a tree. I do keep the seedlings out to. I have one in the front yard and I think I will have to cut it down because my field drains are close to it and the roots grows everywhere. I will get a closer picture of the cluster flower. I know I see this plant all over North Carolina when I am driving around growing wild. I really dont mind it too bad because we have almost two acres of land here and it didnt have anything at all on the lot. Getting there now though with the help of Dave's Gardeners.

Sami

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I thought Privet too. Failing that, try Lagerstroemia indica http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/314526/

I went to the nursery today and they said it was a previt. I took a picture of it and it said diffently a previt.

thanks Virburnum and growin. I will label it Previt.

I forgot how to mark this as solved

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You can't mark things solved in this forum. Only a few forums like Plant ID have that option.

Ok thanks ecrane

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.