Rosedale peony

Coon Rapids, MN(Zone 4b)

I just purchased a Rosedale Peony from a local nursery. Does anyone have experience with them? According to the nursery description:
Locally sourced from respected peony growers Keith and Becky Swenson of Swensons Gardens in Howard Lake, MN, the Rosedale Peony makes a statement in your garden. This hybrid dwarf produces blooms about 4" in diameter. The deep red, fragrant blossoms resemble roses and make wonderful cut flowers. A compact plant, the Rosedale Peony grows to about 19" in height. And with stiff stems, these peonies DON'T need staking. Imagine that!

Thumbnail by l6blue
Brooklyn Park, MN(Zone 4a)

just got an email from bachmans about them.they look awsome,i'm considering adding it to my garden.

Coon Rapids, MN(Zone 4b)

I ordered mine from Bachman's yesterday, and they told me that they were in short supply; they had only about 100. I'm picking it up at the Fridley store this evening. I'll post pics if it blooms this year.
I love the dwarf varieties. I planted a bare root of Little Red Gem in the fall, and one of the buds is already starting to open.

Waukegan, IL(Zone 5a)

I have a Rosedale which I received many years ago as a free gift with an order of plants from Klehm Nurseries. I'd say mine is about the size mentioned above and the flowers definitely do not need staking. They are a beautiful deep red. The complaint I have had is that it has never been a good bloomer for me, with only a blossom or two most years. Last fall I moved it to a new sunnier location and got one blossom this spring but I have high hopes that as it settles in it will do better because the flowers are lovely. I have attached a photo of one of the few blossoms I have had from it.

Thumbnail by chris_h
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Gorgeous. I love that deep blood red. Is it Little Red Gem.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.