SPRING ROUNDUP Food sign-up

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Here's the place to list the tempting goodies and yummy & healthy edibles for the Round-Up on Saturday, May 26th.

Thumbnail by goshsmom
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We'll definitely be bringing desserts.
And a Propane Stove.
I'll lock down some more this weekend.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'll watch and see what the head count is and bring plates, napkins and plastic "silver" ware. Lou

Columbus, OH

I never know what to bring to these things...anyone have any favorite things? Caramel corn?? lol

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I usually watch the list and figure out what is missing before I decide. LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Same here Chele!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll be there....and I'll bring something to eat! Just not sure what at this point!

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

I will bring fruit. It's what I always bring because it travels well.

Rebecca

hummus dips, veggie's and Indian bread.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll bring a salad. Something Celene will be able to eat...I think. Do you eat cheese, Celene?

Columbus, OH

Never met a cheese I didn't like :) Thank you!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Keftedes and cookies and desserts

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I'll bring something....lol!
Any ideas? Has to be something that will travel well?
I just can't think what to bring since it looks like everything is mostly covered?????
Come on..someone..help me out???

Columbus, OH

I can't think of anything, either. Corn muffins? Mini cheesecakes? Smoked cheddar cheese ball?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I ran down the list to see who listed what.

Menu so far:

Pretzels/Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip

Meatballs
Fruit
Veggies
Salad
Coleslaw
Corn/Rice Casserole
Hummus/Bread

Cookies
Desserts

Napkins, plates, utensils, propane stove

Looks like we might need some other type of main dish (chicken, pizza, lunch meat?)

Everyone is responsible for their own drinks.

This message was edited May 24, 2012 9:50 AM

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think I'm leaning toward Buffalo Chicken Dip....

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I think bringing our own drinks works best.

Celene YES to all the above....LOL!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I could bring a chicken log with pecans again. Or a pretzel bread and dip from Servatis. Or black bean salad. Or Waldorf salad. That's about my repertoire apart from spaghetti.
Pat

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Chicken Log sounds cool!
Now I'd be worried if SUE proposed that! LOL!

HA !

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

;-)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

It'll be my day to watch Sue.....no chicken logs coming for sure!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Good I've seen the logs those chickeN perch on! LOL!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

lol..u guys are soo funny!!
I STILL dont know what to bring...grrrrrrrrrr. I just cant think of anything..or how to keep it hot .? Still thinkin...!!!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We can reheat Marcy.

Columbus, OH

I need to scroll more. I was sitting here wondering why Marcy needed reheating.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

OT Post

I had a thought, maybe I should of left it to die of loneliness, but what about have a silent auction, regular auction or garage sale type sale, and having the attendees bring something or things that they no longer need, and donating the proceeds to Gigi's garden fund? JUst a thought! Lou

Celene ROFLLL
Marcy bring an angel food cake ! since it will be a memorial for jessica. i think it is fitting ? i mean she is with the angels . IMHO. :)
oooohhhh and strawberrys oooohhhh

Columbus, OH

What were some of her favorite foods? That'll inspire me...

Columbus, OH

I think I'm going to bring cherry delight, it's one of my childhood favorites from the lunch ladies at our cafeteria. I's a cheesecake-ish dish with cherry pie filling for topping. Or, if you think we have enough desserts, maybe a southwest brown rice and vegetable casserole? I know casseroles can be iffy, but even my coworker's super picky five year old loves it.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL Celene!!!!! You are probably right about that!!!!
Lou...I like your idea!!

Columbus, OH

Okay, rice casserole it is. I'll have to make cherry delight later in the summer, and there will be NO ONE to save me from myself. lol

Columbus, OH

If I need to reheat the corn/rice dish, is it best to make it in a foil pan or is glass okay?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I like the auction idea too! Cute idea!

Jess loved everything. I don't think there was a food she didn't like ??

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll have to bring cole slaw - as we seem are harvesting more than we can eat. Maybe have to auction off cabbages.

Will also bring main dish and a dessert.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oooh Esther, bring me one! Please? Carly and I love cabbage. I have her eating it with roast, wilted and hot slaw. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Life has gotten a little bit more complicated, so I'm going to bring soft pretzels & dip from Servatiis. I'll bring the chicken "log" if I get around to it.
My sister is having a bone marrow biopsy on Friday, the same day that I'm sitting with my DIL's grandmother so she can help her sister, and the same day my son is getting back from the UK and will undoubtedly be jet lagged.
Pat

Columbus, OH

I love cole slaw!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It was great talking to you again yesterday Pat! I hope everything goes well for everyone tomorrow. I wish I lived closer to you so you have help tomorrow. It's going to be a long day! Josh will probably be useless for a day or three until his internal clock straightens out. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.