Id please

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I got this at Lowes or WM about 3 or 4 years ago on a clearance rack for like $2 or something like that.

It wasn't named of course, so if anyone here can ID I would be most grateful to have a name for it.

Thumbnail by FrillyLily
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The closest I can come is Pink Champagne - see photo.

Thumbnail by pirl

Might be. It's hard to know and be 100% sure about an identity. If you run into an unidentified clem you want to buy in the future you can ask the manager of the plant department for the names of the clematises they bought. That could help with identification.

In any event, enjoy the beauty you have.

Seems there are many that look so much alike. Best thing is for me to run into it again at a nursery while it is blooming and named. That would be the most sure way of an ID I suppose.

Thanks for the help!

It's nice to know the name but that's where it ends. Just enjoy it.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Lowes in Va sold Dr. Ruppel. I picked up several last year on clearance.

Dr. Rupple is a pretty one, you got a good deal!

I love Dr. Ruppel and have two of them in different gardens.

Thumbnail by pirl
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

The Clematis looks a lot like my Asao Clematis. I am not sure, but I looked up Asao on the web and it sure does look a lot like your plant.

Blaine, MN(Zone 4b)

I am convinced its Asao I had one a few years back and looks exactly like mine did....Enjoy

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Looks like Asao to me, too. Asao is one of my earliest to bloom. Does your bloom early too?

Thumbnail by venu209

Yes it seems like it blooms earlier than some of my others. I'm pretty sure it must be that, don't know if it survived the move to my mom's place though or not. But with a name I can at least replace it, that is, it will look like it even if by chance it isn't just exactly that one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.