Sunshine is stressed out!

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

This is my sweet baby Sunshine. He is 8 years old.

This past week, he was being chased by Max (a four year old cat we brought home two years ago) and jumped up on the couch next to me. He started licking the fur on his back, and then proceeded to start pulling it out!! Oh no!! On further inspection, I can see that the hair in that area is getting 'thin'. Some OCD grooming for sure.

Sunshine has a vet appointment for later this month, and I will discuss the issue with the vet at that time.

My purpose of starting this thread is to gather some information before we go to the vet. Those of you who have had cats with this problem, what has worked? And what hasn't worked?

I feel really bad for Sunshine, and have been giving him extra attention to let him know he is still special to me.

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Thumbnail by Jeannie63
This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!