May 2012...Let Us See Those Flowers!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1250471/

I hope everything has turned green and is adorned with lovely flowers! Show us a picture!

Thumbnail by duckmother

Well, my FBS cannot decide if it wants to stay at 190 or stay at 205! I can see that I will be on 4 pills a day instead of 2. Thank you all for the kind words, concern and pep talks! I love each of you dearly!! I am still putting plants in dirt that I bought on our trip...and still have LOTS to go. So, what am I doing today? Going plant shopping!! I am such a plant freak...thank goodness y'all are too ;o))

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Not sure everybody saw this so I'm going to re-post because I thought it was such a great site.

I just found this terrific website for Alabama and thought you might want to check your state and see if there is something similar. It is basically a Plant Atlas and you can pick your county. Love it!! Snoop around and see if there is one available for your state and let me know. Surely there is!!

http://www.floraofalabama.org/Default.aspx

Ripley, MS

Kim, keep on trucking, your exercise will help, maybe you just need a little more time for it to come down.
Mine was 89 this morning. It has been higher the last few days as I had the tummy troubles , but now is getting back toward a normal (with meds) reading.

Elaine, I tried to find one for MS--nothing, it is a nice site

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I know it's a pain Kim but you will get it under control.
I'm in Natchez at the regional MG conference and have been buying plants too!! They have some great vendors I've bought some stuff Fromm . Also have been to two local nurseries and found a few things at both. Going to hit another one today!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Kim I know you can do it.

Go to the Stine Hardware store there in Natchez, Charlotte. I got my 3 queen palms there for a very good price.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the tip Jeri! That's the one place I haven't been. It plan to. They gave us a $ 10 coupon yesterday. I've been to Jerry's and Live Oak here in town. There are some great vendors here with some really good looking plants. Bought a really pretty Japanese iris. One guy has a really big assortment of small Japanese maples. Ones I haven't sen before. I haven't bought one yet but think I will get one to put in a container

Ripley, MS

Marilyn is getting married tomorrow as planned, if you did not see her FB post, her children's dad, Tom passed away sometime early this morning.
I am sure they would appreciate any prayers you could offer for them, MeChelle is part of the ceremony as is her hubby Ray, and I know it is a roller coaster of emotions for all of them. Marilyn said the funeral would be next week.

Thanks for the info, Sandra. I did not see the post on FB...

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I didn't see it either. Thanks Sandra for letting us know. I agree it must be a roller coaster ride right now.

Marilyn please convey to your children how sorry we are that your ex-husband pasted away!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you all!!!

I am happy for you as you begin this new life with Al. I know that you have prayed about this and received the affiirmation that this is the next path that you are to journey down!!! May God bless this union and bring you and Al a wonderful life!!! I love you!!!

((((HUGS))))

Ripley, MS

Please prepare yourself to be bored. The daylilies have started ! It is not looking to be a good bloom season, as this spring has been so dry, in fact I had one open today that was so small, I did not even want to take a picture of it. I also have a couple of mature clumps that look like they are dying. We need rain here badly.

Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Kim I forgot to say the containers in the first shot are beautiful !

Hot lips has been perfect this year

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

close up

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

This little bloom was one month old yesterday

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I just got home from Natchez and was welcomed by a bunch of daylilies that are blooming! So exciting to watch them open!! Love yours Sandra!! I'll try to share some pictures this weekend.

I know that Marilyn's children are having a really tough weekend. Even though they were expecting his death, it's never easy when it actually happens.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Well isn't that a cute little bloom!!!

Ripley, MS

We think so, Jerry got the results from his first post treatment draw and he is still showing NO hepatitis count !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yeah for Jerry!!!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Sandra that is wonderful news!!! I'm so glad for Jerry!!! Justin is adorable!!! He's discovered his hand at one month.

Charlotte did you make it to Stines?

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes jeri! I found several things there. We would have found even more probably if we had not been so tired and so hot. We had spent 2 hours on a walking tour of about 8 gardens just before we went. I found a really big pot of striped cast iron plant at Live Oak. I had looked everywhere for it. I got the last pot they had. Couldn't believe the price. He quoted me 15.00 and it actually should have been 20.00 ( he was looking at the pot from a distance) and then he also gave me a 15% discount off the 15.00. It was a 5 gallon pot. Cindy I'll save some for you.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Winecups,gaura and Cornation Gold yarrow

Thumbnail by bigred
Booneville, MS

Great news on Jerry, Sandra.

My DLs are beginning to bloom. We need rain badly too.

Terrye

So happy for you and Jerry! Adorable one month old bloom...bet the smell is wonderful ;o)

Well, I cannot seem to win for losing. My nephew had his First Communion last night and then we all went to Outback for a celebration dinner. My stomach began to ache and I left as soon as I finished eating. By the time we got home, I was severe pain. Kidney Stone! Now it is stuck in my ureter and I continue have spasms which causes terrible pain and vomiting. What a waste of a good meal!! They may admit me to hospital today if I don't improve. I have already been told that I cannot work tomorrow and possibly Tuesday. In 7 years, I have not ever called in sick...I am going to break my record :( I would sneak off to work except my urologist is one of my 15 bosses! LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim you can't win for losing!!! Hope you get that thing passed soon!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Kim I'm telling you, you can't win!!!! Hope it gets better soon so you can rest They told my DIL that if you dehydrate, you can get kidney stones. How are you doing with the diabetes?

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Pictures I took today.

The back side of the waterfall.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Angel trumpets by pool.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

The walkway by the back fence.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

My bench and Sandra's Teahouse.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

A pictures from the teahouse.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

My rose bush that blooms once a year.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Ripley, MS

Everything looks good, but I like the view from our tea house best!! What happened to the amaryllises by the pool?

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

They got covered up with too much mulch and didn't return one year. It's been gone for probably 3 years. I didn't save a one either.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Everything looks so pretty and slush! The rose that only blooms once a year is worth it.

I've been working all day again trying to get mine cleaned up! I'm making progress!! Will soon be able to take pictures!

I don't know what the temp is but it is HOT! I bet I've had a gallon of tea and water!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I hoed 2 rows of my veg. garden this morning. I gave up at 12:30 PM b/c it was too hot!!! Still have one more row to go. My Grandaddy and Daddy would be so proud.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hello all! trying to catch up! Kim, sorry to hear that you are battling a kidney stone on top of everything else. Hope you get that passed quickly - they are SO painful!

Great news Sandra on Jerry's test results! Praise God for answered prayers! I can't believe that baby is already a month old!!! WHERE does the time go?? It just seems to be on super sonic speed or something!

This month is unreal! We have something almost every single day! I may collapse in june if I can just get thru May! Might have to go to So Louisiana and camp out in Sandra and Jeri's teahouse to recover!! ^_^

everyone's blooms are beautiful! Have several DLs getting ready to bloom but nothing yet. Had a small iris blooming on friday but that was probably the last one. My hot lips has been blooming like crazy.

We went to the governor's mansion yesterday and they had butterfly bushes blooming already as well.
Mine are growing like crazy but no blooms yet. Saw a poor little butterfly and hummer searching and searching for blooms the other day...... all I really had they were interested in was the hot lips! My oleanders are blooming now too.

have a great evening everyone. I hope to get to bed early for once!

Genna

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Jeri, your 'yard' looks like a botanical garden! Just lovely. I know what you mean about the heat. I can hardly stand to be outside working after I get home from work. We were out of town all weekend so I tried to do everything last Wednesday and Thursday that needed to be done. Didn't get it all, but I made some major strides in weeding the driveway bed. I'd like to get some Preen out today before it rains and then put some fresh pine straw down. I think it's supposed to get cooler later in the week. I sure hope so!

Sandra, so glad to hear about Jerry'stest results! I know you all are thrilled.

I haven't tried to post pictures again. Too frustrating and time consuming for me right now with other things to worry about.

We were in Montgomery celebrating one brother's 60th. Also my niece was home from Houston for the first time since leaving in January. She loves her job and seems to like the big city but misses everyone. My Montgomery brother is an awesome chef (I can't just call him a cook). He made some wonderful pork tenderloin with raspberry sauce, homemade corn muffins, and the bread pudding with whiskey sauce he made for dessert is still on everyone's mind. It was just awesome! We all brought other side dishes but his food is like eating in a 5-star restaurant.

Genna, I know your family will be super busy this month. Good luck with everything and don't stress too much that you don't enjoy the wedding festivities!

Kim, sorry to hear about your kidney stone. Never had one, but everyone says it's the worst pain you can have! Hope you get relief soon!

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim sorry to hear about your newest pain - never had a kidney stone either but I have heard they are BAD!!! Hope you get well soon.

Here are a couple of pictures of things I have blooming - very weird year b/c I have columbines blooming right next to hostas and daylilies. But hey at least you get to see it all together - I wonder if anything will be blooming in June/July???

First picture is The President clematis, then an unknown creamy yellow daylily, Little Rock Skies LA Iris.

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here are my tippy pots and my deck planters

Thumbnail by kjuddy Thumbnail by kjuddy
Ripley, MS

I know, Karen, this is a crazy year. Love your containers, they are beautiful ! I discovered another clump of daylilies gone, I think that makes 4 mature clumps. They just did not get started good before the 90’s and the dry got them, I guess. I have a few blooming too, but my columbine is pretty much bloomed out here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.