CLOSED: ☼ 5th Annual RED, WHITE and BLUE SWAP ☼

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

It's MAY the 1st everyone!!!

It's that time of the year!! A Red, White and Blue Swap!

Yay.. going into our 5th year of doing this. To honour this great country! USA!! USA!! USA!!
To help our own 4th of July celebration, or just to show our patriotism year round in our home or garden. We can never have enough right?

This swap is themed on the colours, red, white and blue.
You can send any ornaments or crafts that include these three colours .
Or you may send 3 items with each having a single colour, but your 3 items must add up to the colours of our flag!

I'm gathering names right now, and yes, it may be a tad early, but at least there'll be ample time to look out for the gifts or make one.
Last day for adding names will be May 18th.
Don't hesitate to sign up! We had a blast the previous years.

As many of you know, I'm born in Singapore, but I chose to become a citizen of this GREAT USA. I do love MY country!!
Let's promote our love for USA.
TEAM USA, TEAM USA!!

$20 limit on gifts. Can't put a price if it's hand made.
Journey to your post office will begin on June 8th.

This message was edited May 11, 2012 12:03 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

PARTICIPANTS:
Lizrainey------------------Liz
BarefootT-----------------Thunder
Bettypauze---------------Betty
Seedtosser1-------------Judy
Taters55------------------LK
Abbisgranma------------Marion
Synda---------------------Synda
Samigal------------------Pegi
Oberon46----------------Mary
MonkeymomR----------Robyn
Robynznest-------------Robin
Fruit of the Vine--------Susan
Jsxtiger-------------------Jax
warriorswisdomkathy--Kathy
Careyana-----------------Carey
Dahtzu--------------------Faye
MudElf--------------------Kris
Jordankittyjo-------------Sis Kathy
Purpbutfly----------------Cindy
Crit-------------------------Patti
Happgarden-------------Joyce
Heavenscape------------Jaye

Your journey to the Post Office will begin on June the 8th 2012. May the mailman delivers your box with great care.

This message was edited May 14, 2012 10:09 AM

This message was edited May 16, 2012 10:27 AM

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Hip Hip Hooray ^_^

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wouldn't it be nice if there's a "Like" button?
Hip, hip, hooray too Thunder!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Rushed over quickly, yep, glad to see my name is on the list..would have been big RWB bruuuhhaaahhaa had it not..lol
Thanks Jaye, as always looking forward to it!!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Count me in!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Betty, how can I NOT add your name.
You and along with a few others have reminded me one year in advance to do so!!
Lol!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

You're in Mary!!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Ah I am so glad I am listed already. I haven't ventured outside quilting swaps in a while but THIS one I will not miss. Thank you Jaye.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

You are muchos welcome, Marion!

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm in please. I already have a great idea. Robyn

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I am the flag of the United States of America.
My name is Old Glory.
I fly atop the world's tallest buildings.
I stand watch in America's halls of justice.
I fly majestically over institutions of learning.
I stand guard with power in the world.
Look up and see me.

I stand for peace, honor, truth and justice.
I stand for freedom.
I am confident.
I am arrogant.
I am proud.

When I am flown with my fellow banners, my head is a little higher, my colors a little truer.

I bow to no one!
I am recognized all over the world.
I am worshipped - I am saluted.
I am loved - I am revered.
I am respected - and I am feared.

I have fought in every battle of every war for more then 200 years.
I was flown at Valley Forge, Gettysburg, Shiloh and Appamatox.
I was there at San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, in the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome and the beaches of Normandy, Guam.
Okinawa, Korea and KheSan, Saigon, Vietnam know me; I was there.
I led my troops, I was dirty, battleworn and tired, but my soldiers cheered me and I was proud.

I have been burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries I have helped set free. It does not hurt, for I am invincible.

I have been soiled upon, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of my country. And when it's by those whom I've served in battle - it hurts.

But I shall overcome - for I am strong.

I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stood watch over the uncharted frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon.

I have borne silent witness to all of America's finest hours. But my finest hours are yet to come.

When I am torn into strips and used as bandages for my wounded comrades on the battlefield, when I am flown at half-mast to honor my soldiers, or when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving parent at the grave of their fallen son or daughter, I am proud.

MY NAME IS OLD GLORY LONG MAY I WAVE.
DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN LONG MAY I WAVE.

...Author Unknown

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome Robyn!! You've just triggered my memory cells to include another Robin!

That has given me chill bumps Jaye!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

.....and tears of joy, Marion. What powerful words, Jaye.

We fly our Flag proudly year-round and I'd love to join you all again.

This message was edited May 1, 2012 8:11 PM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

That's the effect I'm getting too, Marion.
Proud smile from me, Susan. And welcome back!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow, I guess Janes not trading, lol. Her name isn't on the list she created. Ok, I would also like to join. Will this be a round robin?

Very inspirational poem, I servered my country and am also a proud American, thankyou for posting it. And I am thankful for those who have also served and protected our country and still do either at home or abroad.

Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Not a round robin, you will be assigned names, and your pressies, you send will be kept a secret, till your buddies reveals what was sent, and they post pictures.

Jaye, I got the chill bumps too! Thanks for posting that!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

You are so welcome, LK and Kathy!
I feel that we need to be reminded of how glorious America really is and we should always stand tall when calling ourselves Americans.

Wow, we have a warrior in our midst!
Welcome Kathy and thank you so much for your service to this great country. Were you stationed overseas?
Beautiful RWB flowers. Do you have a special bed just for these colors?
I think Susan (FOTV) has a RWB flower bed.
Now my name's up there Kathy!! There's no way that I shall exclude myself in my own swap!! Lol!!!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Nope, only state side as a police officer. I wanted to join the marines as both my parents had but my 5 year old daughter (at the time) would not have had anywhere to go for the years that were required. I servered through a local sheriffs dept and then P. D.s.

Ooooh, gosh looking at my pix, I only have a few red flowers, time to add more, plant shopping, yeah!!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I have been shopping off and on since last year for this Party of Glory.....LOL .Hard to believe that it has flown by so quickly, but excited that it is about to happen again !

But I do believe that I have ants in my pants to get my buddies name so I can add a few personal items !!!!

Thumbnail by synda

Yeah! Synda is here! Glad to see girl!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i'm in

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yayyy Sis Kathy. Sorry I couldn't get hold of you. Tried to return your call, and sure hope you're feeling good.

Think Synda and most of the signees here are too anxious to mail out their stuffs! Hmm.. I think some too have been collecting for years!!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

...........coming out from under the table............an i see me name!!! thanks fer adding me, heaven. ya knows i was in a Bailey's stupor!

Well, well, looky who's here! Nice to see you Jax!

so very nice to see familiar folks here...and some new ones HOORAH

Up she goes :)

Thumbnail by barefootT
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm addicted to swaps. I love seeing everyones imaginations at work

I was wondering who had the Bailey's!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thunder, isn't that taken at your son's graduation? How proud you and Dave must be.

Well hello Ms Jax!! Knowing you, there are already some RWB items tucked away before you go on that Bailey's binge!

Robyn, it's easy to be addicted to swaps, once you've opened your first box. It's like Christmas!!! The excitement and above all getting stuffs that you never thought of getting for yourself.

Won't do Bailey's here, Marion. The temps are in the 90s and I rather have some peach iced tea!

Okay, we will leave the Bailey's with Jax and and we will have peach ice tea. Also have a fresh pitcher of mint tea chilling. Must be summer time.....................

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Peach ice tea and Walker's shortbread cookies!! That will be perfect, Marion! Oh, no Mint Julep, Marion? That will be so Southern!!!

Saving those until next year by the lake.

Wonder how many Mint Juleps will be swizzled at the Kentucky Derby this week-end?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wondering now, how many of those ladies can still keep their fancy hats on after a few ;)

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I've been meaning to get in on the RWB action. Y'all will have to train me on proper boxing, but I can make it all up on the fly as needed. :)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

No problem in "training" you how to box, Carey.
If it's breakable, make sure you protect it with layers of bubble wrap, or do like one swapper did. She cut up her old memory foam mattress!!
Those empty pockets, fill them up with balled up newspapers. You'd be making sure the item is secured, unmoved in the box, and if the mail carrier decided to play soccer with it, 90% of the time, your item is still intact.
Always purchase delivery confirmation. You can track it online, and I found that I never lose any packages when I did that.

Hmm.. anything else I forget, fellow patriots?

Welcome Carey!

Good one, Jaye. When the hats fall off, the ladies can surely use them for fans. It's going to be a hot time in the City.

Hey Carey! I'm so glad you're here :)

yes Jaye that is from my Sailors graduation :) I have a few hundred!!! and many include the flag

tallest body on left side of photo, only eyes and hat showing here... this was my first glimpse of him after 8 weeks of training ! !

Thumbnail by barefootT
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Well Susan, you won't see this belle at the derby!
Was it in the late 1800s when the Kentucky Derby was first held?
Can you imagine the layers of petticoats those ladies had to wear under their dresses?
Then if corsets and stays were still worn, I'm sure there were some fainting spells!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.