CLOSED: Birthday Club May 2012

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

To continuing Birthday Club participants, Welcome back!

To folks just passing by to see what this thread is all about, pull up a chair and I'll explain:

Each member of our "Birthday Club" will receive a card from every other member of our birthday club sometime during the month of their birthday.

I will be the first to admit that sometimes it is a challenge to get birthday cards out in the mail, but I speak from experience when I say that this past birthday in April was made very special by all my wonderful friends here on DG. No matter how old I get, it is still a thrill to receive a birthday card in the mail. Thank you all for making mine so special.

If you would like to join this group, feel free to post your interest, below!

Now on to our first order of business on this month's agenda -

Birthday Club Members having Birthdays in May:

Crit (Patti) May 10
Mud_Elf (Kris) May 10

It could not be any easier to remember the birthday of these two lovely ladies. Pop 'em both in the mail at the same time and let the confetti fly!!!

Second Order of Business:

Current Birthday Club Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) Feb. 25
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28
Goldhillal (Crystal) March 21
Carolyn22 (Carolyn) April 3
AmandaEsq (Amanda) April 6
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9
Crit (Patti) May 10
Mud_Elf (Kris) May 10
taters55 (LK) June 13
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9
GardenQuail (Michelle) Oct. 28
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28

New Business: In April we agreed to split up the responsibility of continuing this thread so no one person would feel weighed down.

I (AmandaEsq) am your host for the month of May. If you have any questions or comments about Birthday Club please feel free to Dmail me separately. For future reference, I include the schedule of Birthday Club "administrators" randomly selected and verified by the independent auditors Dewey, Cheetem, and Howe:

Monthly Birthday Thread Assignments:

Goldhillal (Crystal) January
Rouxcrew (Joy) - February
Carolyn22 (Carolyn) March
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) April
AmandaEsq (Amanda) May
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) June
Crit (Patti) July
taters55 (LK) August
GardenQuail (Michelle) September
rvnsbrk (Juanita) October
GAgirl1066 (Paula) November
Ridesredmule (Charlene) December

Thanks for participating. I look forward to spending the month of May with each of you!

This meeting is adjourned!

Happy Birthday in Advance to Patti and Kris, two of the nicest girls you'll ever want to meet.

~AmandaEsq (Amanda)

p.s. The picture is of the pineapple upside down cake I made for Court's birthday last June. :D

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Very well done, Manda! What day is Court's birthday in June? He could be our Honarary male 0:)

Elfie, good luck tomorrow hopefully learning your new physical address. I miss you not being able to chime in when you want to. At least you're able to keep in touch from the laundry mat.

Long day tomorrow taking hubby to his dr appt with several planned stops afterwards. We might be window-shopping after the bucks we spent today on tires for his F-250.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

O well - I always get it mixed up because my daddy's birthday was June 21 so I THINK Court's bday is June 22. He always comments on how lucky I am to have gotten mixed up with "those garden ladies." He may be a bit jealous. ;)

Athens, PA

Sounds like he is tad jealous, Amanda. Not a bad thing....

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Thank you Amanda. :0)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

You are quite welcome, Neener.

Carolyn - do you really get up just before 4 a.m. or does DG mess up your time zone like it does mine?

HAPPY MAY DAY!!!

Isn't that today?

Makes me want to tie ribbons around the shepherd's crook/birdfeeder out back and get the neighborhood children to come over and dance around. Almost. :D

xox
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Amanda!
Waiting to hear from Kris, with her proper mailing address.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I was going to ask you to switch months with me Amanda, so I could remember to do it, but you beat me to it!!!! Still wanna trade? ^_^

Happy May Day everyone!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Patti I specifically did not make anyone in charge of their birthday month, so NO you cannot trade with me because IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY MONTH. :P

Not having Elfie's address does pose a problem. Kris if you have one send it to me and I will Dmail each of our birthday club members. On the upside, you'll have all your laundry done for months to come!

Loveya.
A.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255544/

Ladies, there is a new swap open, Red white and blue, come and check it out!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Finally getting to stop by :) My shoulder is almost better, I think...
Started getting cards ready for both April and May birthdays! But perhaps I should wait to address Kris's if she's getting a new address? Or can I use the address she has in the address exchange?
Regarding our new format, I'd be happy to help with starting a new thread in September, but I'll need some pointers on how to do it. And, hopefully I'll be at a point where I can get pictures attached by then :) If not, I'm sure we can work something out.
Should go for now, but I'm hoping to be able to stop by more regularly again... Take care all!
Michelle

Athens, PA

Yes, Amanda - I really get up at 4 am. I have to be to work early, but I cannot get up, hop in the shower and go - I have to slowly ease into my day with my first cup of coffee....

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

And you're awake at 8:30 p.m. Something is seriously wrong here . . . ..

Athens, PA

Actually Amanda, it is later than that.....more or less. Usually I don't shut off my light when I go upstairs until 10, sometimes 11, but that doesn't count the times I have fallen asleep on the couch and then have to wake up to go to bed. ^_^

This is not Amanda, it is Linda.

Checking in..Still no addy....sigh.will try to get it fixed soonest. Been so much to do here. I finally figured out how to use phone to get on line. How ever signal is very weak anditis hard to do with hands so swollen....got to go. Work calling....
Huggs

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Ha - LK I was just marveling at Carolyn's sleep schedule, or should I say LACK of sleep schedule.

I am also guilty of passing out wherever and waking between 2 and 4 a.m. Often I will stay up and putter around doing chores and such. I always think I will make it and stay awake. That happens sometimes, but O I surely feel it later in the day.

We ain't spring chickens anymore, girlie. I even gave up my 7 o'clock pm. pot of coffee (yes that's right I said POT of coffee) because I realized it was keeping me awake.

Sleep is supposed to be good for you. Or so they say. I am hoping to get some tonight. :D

Kris - why is your hand swollen? You're overdoing it no doubt. Please take good care.

G'night ladies!

xox
A.

Athens, PA

Good Morning Ladies -

Quote from AmandaEsq :
Ha - LK I was just marveling at Carolyn's sleep schedule, or should I say LACK of sleep schedule.

A.

It does catch up.....

I had hoped when I got to be this age, that things would slow down and I could enjoy things more - NOT!

Kris - what happened to your hand?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Alright see - I think it's DG saying that you posted at 345 but it's really 445 like it is really 606 a.m. here but DG is going to say (when I post this) that it's 505. Just another reason to crab at Admin, but really, who cares? It makes me look really productive when the time stamp is wrong. :D

Loveya Ladies! Hey NEENER - I think this is really FUN!! I get to check in daily and be dopey and use EXCLAMATION POINTS everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's not to love about birthday club?!

SHEESH!

Have a great day everyone. I've got a jump start but have yet to make my coffee. A friend bought me a packet of seed from Botanic Interests yesterday, and I know it's on each of YOUR want lists. The Sunset Hyssop. To borrow a word from Neener - "Yippeeeee!!!"

I think he said there were only 25 seeds in there, so I ain't sharin' just yet, but I expect - if this hyssop is like the rest - to have plenty of seeds and/or small plants to share come later in the season.

xox
A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

p.s. Including me - there's still time to post your card to your favorite gal in OK.

The OTHER birthday gal, perhaps we can all scan our cards and send them in .pdf format?! :D

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

:P that's for you Manda..

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Love it. THANKS!!!!

Hi all. Hands are both swollen from digging trenches so we can bury power lines from pole to the house.
We also are running water lines too. So lots of work and no money left right now. We are eating peanut butter and jelly for most meals...lol

Thank goodness payday is tomorrow, We are putting in the new bathroom this weekend!!!!!!
Will be so glad not to share FBI bathroom any more!!!!

Ok,, back to work...

Talking to Kris on the phone, and she says to mail her items to... Until she gets her address fixed. If your sending plants, please mark the box "live plants"!
Kris Shotts
C/O Domino's Pizza
855 Marketplace
Alexander City, Alabama

Kris says hey to everyone, and she will post when she can! She is working hard, getting things organized, and built!

This message was edited May 3, 2012 11:21 AM

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Will they ship pizzas?

LOL!

LOL! Egg salad sandwiches and a couple of bowls of grits go a long way too budget wise. It's great you can use that address, Kris. I saw it in the addy exchange but have been holding off mailing your card, hoping you'd know your street address by now. Wonder if your Post Office could shed any light using info from the previous people who lived there. Why doesn't the person you bought the land from know the physical address? That's nutz making you jump through hoops just to find out you still don't know what it is.

Faye's computer is on the fritz again. Got a text from her this afternoon that the part to repair it has been ordered and she'll be back with us as soon as she can.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Kris - how about a PO box in the interim?

It costs a little, but I lived in one for years and years when I lived in Boston.

xox
A.

Don't know how much difference it makes, but just double checked the addy exchange again and Market Place is two words.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Kris, maybe you need to contact 911 and find out how to get an address. I believe the last time my address was updated the change came from 911, not the PO.
Sorry about your swollen hands. The work will sure get you, but it feels so good when it is over!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Crystal - you mean 911 as in responding to an emergency and we need to know how to find you?

Interesting.

I don't have a mind to even think to suggest something. It's Friday, I'm feeling funky, and I'll leave it at that.

Hope you all have a blessed day. There. I said it. :P

A.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Yes Emergency 911,ask for new address

Been calling the E911 people for two weeks,,, they donor answer phones and donot. Return calls very frustrating. Sheriff department told Ralph to put up new mail box and ask mailman to give it the address...LOL

Checking later....

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Maybe get a GPS unit for coordinates - maybe Google Earth has an address in there!!!

Kris, when you bought your property, did they not give you an address? Especially when someone else lived there?

When we bought the land no one had lived on it in over 10 years. So no mailing address was updated by e911 when they changed all the addresses here 4 years ago. When we had the power and water turned on we met the guys who turned it on at the junction of our road and the main road. So all they had was the old address listed.....sigh. I put up new box today will see if I get a responce on Monday.

The owner gave me the address he has on his drivers licence... But it was returned as no such address when the lawyer sent our closing paperwork. So hopefully this will work or the next step is to pay $65.00 for a po box.

Just wanted to stop in to thank Neener for my lovely birthday card. I really really like it and need to figure out how to take a picture to share with you all.

(((((((Neener)))))))))

Thanks so much!!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yay! Cards are in the mail.

Looks like some of us (ahem) still have a day or two to get cards there on time.

Can you believe that my mother once said, and I quote, "If you can't send it on time don't send it at all."

-sigh-

Don't mean to be a downer. I loved that woman. :D

Big grins all around.

Hope everyone had as productive and enjoyable weekend as I did. I actually strung lights out into my yard tonight so I could keep on planting. I'm crazy. But you knew that already.

A.

Gotta love those Neener cards, Elfie.

Mine will be mailed tomorrow. You know what, Manda? My Mom used to say the same thing.

What a beautiful day, very comfortable working outside and wasn't hot, but still managed to get a little sunburn on my arms and shoulders. Tank-top tan here we come.

Mother's Day is next Sunday. A bittersweet day since my Mom's been gone several years. And now Hubby and his Mom aren't speaking because she did a dumb thing and refuses to apologize. Both of them are as stubborn as the day is long. I'm always the one who sends cards from us to her along with a little pocket money, and I still will. It's just awkward being caught in the middle.....again.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

awww geez froot. well that's tough. maybe you can hint in your card that you'll be down to see her soon. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.