Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird Mix

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Wunne Quâttuhquŏhquâ Nishnoh(Good Afternoon Everyone),

All pakets have been given away. Thank you all so much. Until next January, Aquene!.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1167267/

I have Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird mixes available for SASE. A while back Burt's Bees offered small packs of Bee seed mix for postage. I then offered my own Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird mix to Dave's Garden members who were unable to receive any Burt's Bee packets. Though they only went to the ones, who did not get a chance to request them from Burt's Bees, I thought everyone should have had the chance to help the dwindling bee population. So, I made a mix similar to that of Burt's, but added a some extras. Burt's pack stated it weighs 300mg. I checked it with a measuring spoon and it came to less than 1/4 teaspoon. I have made this year's packs approx. 2 tablespoons.

They will go to the first responders. Please post your request here, so that I will be able to tell who requested first. I will list below with updates. I will Dmail the growing information, when I mail back your SASE.

Nut-aiuskuiantam (I am sorry) to say, the post office has raised the mailing rate yet again; if mailed in the U.S.A, the SASE needs to have $1.95 in postage on it. My post office will return to me any envelope with less than $1.95 in postage. For international requests, I will check with the U.S.A. Post Office website for the cost of shipping to your country and advise you of the postage amount.

Here's a comparison of what Burt's Bees versus my packs contain:

Burt's Bees:
Bee Mix: contains the following: Calendula officinalis, Chrysanthemum maximum, Coreopsis lanceolata, Calliopsis- Coreopsis tinctoria, Echinacea purpurea, Silene armeria

My mix contains:
Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird Mix #1 Warning: Peanut and tree nut shells used as a dispersant: contains the following seeds:
Agastache anisata, Asclepias incarnata, Aurinia saxatilis, Calendula officinalis, Centaurea cyanus, Cheiranthus allonii, Cimicifuga racemosa, Chrysanthemum maximum, Coreopsis lanceolata, Coreopsis tinctoria, Cosmos sp., Cynoglossum sp., Echinacea purpurea, Erysimum sp., Eschoscholzia californica, Gaillardia aristata, Gaillardia pulchella, Gypsophila elegans., Helianthus annuus, Iberis unbellata, Liatris spicata, Linaria maroccana, Linum usitatissimum, Linum perenne, Lobularia maritima, Lunaria annua, Lupinus perennis, Lupinus succulentus, Mirabilis jalapa, Monarda citriodora, Oenothera biennis, Petunia sp., Phlox drummondii, Rudbeckia hirta, Salvia coccinea, Sidalcea malviflora, Silene armeria, Silene coronaria, Trifolium incarnatum, Verbena tenuisecta, Zinnia sp 5 pks

Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird Mix #2 Warning: Peanut and tree nut shells used as dispersant: contains the following seeds:
Alcea rosea, Agastache anisata, Agastache rugosa, Asclepias incarnata, Asclepias physocarpa, Aurinia saxatilis, Centaurea cyanus, Cheiranthus allonii, Cimicifuga racemosa, Coreopsis lanceolata, Coreopsis tinctoria, Cosmos sp., Eschoscholzia californica, Gaillardia aristata, Gaillardia pulchella, Gypsophila elegans., Helenium sp., Helianthus debilis, Liatris spicata, Linaria maroccana, Linum usitatissimum, Linum perenne, Leucanthemum x supurbum, Lobularia maritima, Lunaria annua, Lupinus perennis, Lupinus succulentus, Mirabilis jalapa, Monarda citriodora, Monarda dydima, Nigella damascena, Papaver rhoeas, Phlox drummondii, Rudbeckia hirta, Salvia coccinea, Sidalcea malviflora, Tagetes erecta, Verbena tenuisecta, Xerochrysum bracteatum, Zinnia sp. N/A

Updates: A name with a date, means the SASE has been mailed out to the person.

Ohkeommoosog, Amakehs kah Psukses-moonooskommaonk (Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird)#1:

1. hartzell81 (07/17/12)
2. xensipirit (06/20/12)
3. bsgardens (07/06/12)
4. chiquib313 (07/21/12)
5. BecksterCa ()
6. paula_p ()
7. mclowdis ()

Ohkeommoosog, Amakehs kah Psukses-moonooskommaonk (Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird) #2:

1. jans2 (04/14/12)
2. xenspirit (06/20/12)
3. Lazlo (06/24/12)
4. frausnow (07/17/12)
5. chiquib313 (07/21/12)
6. mclowdis ()

Again, Please post your request here, so that I will be able to tell who requested first.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk (Peace and farewell),
WautuckquesSochepo (SnowRabbit)
(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Ahque Wunantash: Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget: 9/11/2001)

This message was edited Aug 20, 2012 2:42 PM

Thumbnail by maccionoadha Thumbnail by maccionoadha

I would love to have the bee, butterflies and hummingbird mix. Please email me.
Thank you,
Missy

Soldotna, AK

I would also like bee, humming bird and butterflymix
Please email me
Thank you for sharing
Jan

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Wunne Mohtompan (Good Morning),

Missy, I Dmailed you.

Jan, I set a #2 aside for you.

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Ahque Wunantash: Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget: 9/11/2001)

Gladstone, OR

I would like a #2 pretty please :)

Mount Pleasant, PA(Zone 6a)

I would like a packet of the mix #1. Please D-mail me if it's still avaliable. Thank you!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Kawonkamish (Greetings) kohndr and hartzell81,

I have set the mix you both requested aside for you.

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I would love to get one of the Ohkeommoosog, Amakehs kah Psukses-moonooskommaonk (Bee, Butterfly & Hummingbird)#1: If you still have them available =D

B.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Moe!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Wunne Quâttuhquŏhquâ(Good Afternoon) B,

Yes, I do have #1's left and have set a pack aside for you.

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

TY!!!!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi maccionoadha

You sent me some #1 mix last April, and I sowed in a somewhat shady spot and we have a c ool, wet climate.

Something came up this year, acting like a biennjial, and people tell me it looks like Dianthus (or phlox). One guy was sure it was Dianthus barbatus.

Maybe I scattered some other flower mix at the same time, but not in my recollection or by my records (both fallible).

Could there be any Dianthus (or phlox) in your #1 mix? Or I may not be recognizing some synonym.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Whoops! They look like this:

Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

and

Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Wunne Mohtompan (Good Morning),

I included Phlox drummondii in the mix.I got the Phlox seed from Wildseed Farms. I do not remember putting in any Dianthus. I am not sure what happened. It does look like Dianthus barbatus. Hmm... Sorry about that.

Has anyone else had this problem, with the seeds I gave out?

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

This message was edited Jul 9, 2012 10:44 AM

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Don't be sorry, it survived my clumsiness and poor soil and a forced transplanting and slugs, then bloomed!

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi maccionoadha, I would love to have your #2 packet. Thank you for sharing your wonderful seeds.

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

maccionoadha, I sent out my SASBE today.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Wunne Quâttuhquŏhquâ(Good Afternoon) frausnow,

I have set a #2 pack aside for you.

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Homestead, FL(Zone 10a)

I would love to have one of #2 seeds if still availabe. Please email me.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Willits, CA(Zone 8a)

I would like a mix # 1 or 2.
If you have any left:)

This message was edited Aug 2, 2012 9:25 AM

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I would really like some of the #1 mix!

Thanks, Paula P

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Wunne Quâttuhquŏhquâ (Good Afternoon) BecksterCa & paula_p,

I have Dmailed you.

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Minneola, KS(Zone 6a)

I would love some of mix 1, that is if you have any left?

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Kawonkamish(Greetings) mclowdis,

I set the last packet aside for you. I am sending you a Dmail.

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Wunne Quâttuhquŏhquâ Nishnoh (Good Afternoon Everyone),

I have one #2 packet left, the SASE fell through.

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Minneola, KS(Zone 6a)

Could I go ahead and sent extra for #2 packet too?

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Wunne Quâttuhquŏhquâ mclowdis

Sure you can. I will mark you as getting #2 as well..

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Ahque Wunantash: Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget: 9/11/2001

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.