Round Robin Quilt 2012

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

There are now 11 people in this group, and to do this we can now have TWO groups of 5 (I will simply do 2 centers.......). We actually Could add one more person to Group One, if you know of someone, or if you'd like to belong to the larger group 2, or the smaller group 1, please let me know and I'll "rearrange" the groups.

This group is now closed to any new members - We have 2 groups going consequently for a really nice sized quilt.
At the end of April 2013 we will each end up having a large Lap Quilt.

As this is a "multi-site" group project, I will be adding postings between the two sites.
Please bear with me as people may post faster than I can copy/paste. Rest assured though, that we will all get our quilts!
Note: - it has been decided by a majority of members to extend the size of each round / border, so I will be updating the sizes once members have a say in what they think the new sizes should be (not 2" for them.......)

Here's a sample of another group's Round Robin in Blue
[lightbox]2012-04-25/Tallulah_B/3e87a6[/lightbox]

People who have joined:

Tallulah (Susan)
Taters55 (Linda Kay)
Quilter5 (Barb)
Doe 41 (Audrey)
BettyPauze (Betty)
Diamond919 (Anita)
Mitzy (Mittsy)
Anjlsmom (Pat)
BarefootT (Thunder)
Lavonne (Dorothy)
Cherrific (Cher)

End date for all the lap quilts to be back to the originator is one year from the date this thread was started - April 22, 2013
We are re-vamping the size of the borders (as per request by members of the group. Please 'stay tuned' for the change. In the meantime, you can still make your center.

Here are the directions.
1st round-start with a 15 1/2"x24 1/2" inch unfinished center-everyone sends theirs to the next person on the list
2nd round -everyone adds a 2"border to the quilt they are sent. Send to next person on list.
3rd round - everyone adds a 3" border and sends to the next person
4th round - everyone adds a 4" border
5th round - everyone adds a 5" border
6th round - everyone adds a 4" border and then sends back to the next person on the list who will actually be the maker of the center (the owner).

As you finish a round, the next person on the list will always be consistent, you'll be sending each quilt to the same person. So by the time you finally get to the last round, you'll have worked on the quilt that belongs to the person you've sent to all along.
Each round can be appliquéd, pieced, plain fabric or embroidered if you wish. It's up to you to decide what you can do and what you think goes well with the center.

Group One:
1. Susan (sends to Linda Kay)
2. Linda Kay (sends to Barb)
3. Barb (sends to Audrey)
4. Audrey (sends to Betty)
5 Betty (sends to Cher)
6. Cher (sends to Susan)

Group Two
1 Susan (sends to Mitsy)
2 Mittsy (sends to Pat)
3. Patsends to Thunder
4 Thunder (sends to Dorothy)
5 Dorothy (sends to Anita)
6 Anita (sends to Susan)

As of Oct 23, 2012 - Dorothy is unable to continue. Anita is doing her own and Dorothy’s. Dorothy will still get her center of course.

When the originator receives the quilt top back, it is up to them if they want to embellish it, or extend it to be larger.
You can choose to stay within a color scheme or theme such as Christmas or do only red/whites, or do a makers' choice. The sky is the limit and it's such a treasure to get back your quilt and see all the wonderful work everyone from your group has put into the quilt.

People who want to see the "Work in progress"
Mittsy
Thunder
Susan

People who want to be "Surprised"
Barb
Pat
Audrey
Dorothy

This message was edited Oct 27, 2012 3:36 PM

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
This thread has 132 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!