First bloom on a new iris; I can't figure out what it is!

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

This just opened by my front door today, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is! I did order 38 new iris last year, and labeled them religiously as I planted them, but we had a new roof put on last fall and I found a nice neat little pile of my zinc plant labels by my front door when the roofers left. This doesn't seem to match ANY of the iris I ordered, though. Any idea what it could be? It has really unusual horns (I think that is what they are called?), which may narrow it down a little.

I could list all the iris I ordered, but I've already gone through the invoices and pictures, and it doesn't look anything like ANY of them! It is beautiful, though!

Thumbnail by Bookerc1
(Zone 7a)

That was nice of them to gather your labels for you. Can't have those pesky things scattered about. Maybe it's a bonus from your source?

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

well, It is beautiful and so I have 2 suggestions...1) send your pic to the company where you ordered them from. Maybe they could help you identify it. I agree that it could be a bonus plant.......2) you could just replace it with one that you know the name of and send this old NOID to me LOL !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.