Gee I got outbid on Ebay and lost !

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320889837687?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
I stopped way early (well semi early)! Gorgeous plant . I've bought from him and what you see is what you get.

Florala, AL

wow 200 bucks is ummm kinda high

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from Garry_Maxey :
wow 200 bucks is ummm kinda high

Hi Garry looks like this one is going just as high .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carnivorous-Plant-Venus-Flytrap-BIG-MOUTH-Large-/320890439652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab68f87e4
I'm guessing it's the age of the plant that are making people crazy ? I want them but NOT this bad!

Arlington, TX

It's not kinda high its insane.

noonamah, Australia

All I can say is that some people are very keen.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

"Keen" isn't exactly the word I'd use! LOL! Crazy! Outrageous! Somebody with more $$$'s than cents!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Somebody got ripped off. I don't care if it's rare or not. That's plain crazy.

Florala, AL

yep.. as i am just getting started into Carniv plants and just love nepenthes, there is NO WAY i would come even remotley close to paying anything near that kinda price..lol

Can we get an AMEN?

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Ugh here we go once more. I need to win the lottery as I want this plant !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carnivorous-Plant-Venus-Flytrap-SP-MM-Medium-Large-/221007795017?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3375175349

Dreamy plant for sure.

That is a beauty….Whoever this is that is selling these….He/She is making a killing!

LOL! LoveBrug, you'll drive yourself crazy keeping up with these. Need a napkin for the drooling? LOL! :-)))

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from tlm1 :
That is a beauty….Whoever this is that is selling these….He/She is making a killing!

LOL! LoveBrug, you'll drive yourself crazy keeping up with these. Need a napkin for the drooling? LOL! :-)))

I've bought from this vendor . I'd like to buy more but looks like I will just drool .

This message was edited Apr 26, 2012 10:49 AM

Florala, AL

see now if everyone here would just send me carn plants i wouldn't have to look at them prices :)

Beverly Hills, CA

My 2 cents, Sony waste your money spending that much on Venus Flytraps, they are easy to propagate in mass quantities and will be widely availible in no time. The scarcity is largely false and circumstantial (ie they wont be rare for long). Better to save larger sums of money for plants that are truely rare like some Nepenthes, helis, cephs, and rarer cultivars of sarracenias. It all boils down to how easy they are to propagate.

Beverly Hills, CA

Sony=don't

Stupid autocorrect....

Beverly Hills, CA

Oh, one more thing. Getting outbid is very annoying. But if you really want a plant don't give up. I had to lose 4 ebay auctions for a Sarracenia 'Adrian Slack' before I got mine. Not only that, because I decided ahead of time exactly how much I wad willing to pay, I got it for $100 less than about half those auctions I lost. Now I have a beautiful plant in my collection. (Ironic thing is about a month later I was offered one for $20!) Lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.