Blooming Today 04/21/12

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

The temps in Phoenix will rise to 100+ over the weekend so blooms will be few.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN ---DESTAINED TO SEE

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow Lyle, that seems early for such high temps.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

It is high, we should be back in the 80's Thursday.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Both of those are looking great. I saw where it was going to be 104 there today. I would not bloom either.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

It did hit a 100+ but that isn't like a 110 deg day those are killer....I just finished my hybridizing area and it stays around upper 80's on a day like yesterday....

construction

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Great to see that your blooms are underway, Lyle. Are yours starting early, as so many of us suspect ours will be. Destined to See is a favorite in our garden. Don't have God Save the King, but have often admired it.
Don

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Don - I not sure about the bloom season this year. It is almost reverse from years past.

This seedling is the first bloom in my garden, I have had this seedling about 4 yrs and it is always with a few days of blooming.

First photo April 24, 2011 second photo April 23, 2012

Thumbnail by Lyle627 Thumbnail by Lyle627
Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Sure is a pretty seedling. At least you know you have bloom coming!

Are your petunias all in pots as well? Are there no bugs in AZ...your plants are perfect. Do you ever get rust out there.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Pam! There are a lot of bugs in Arizona (I just don't allow them to live in my garden..LOL) - remember we may get down to 32deg. a couple of times in the winter and that may be only for a few hours so bugs don't freeze out here...The air is too dry for rust sometimes I can get a small amount (from new arrivals) to live for a short time so I can test seedlings, but the dry air kills it off..

I have potted plants throughout the garden and they self-sow and grow from the pavers the display beds and anywhere they can find soil...

This message was edited Apr 23, 2012 12:12 PM

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Enjoyed the garden view Lyle, Everything looks great, Large, And Lush! Both your GSTQ and DTS look great, Always loved the looks of GSTQ, But, Have never got it! Nice to see it posted though!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.