New pot of plants..........

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I finally got some containers done.....

This one is my fave.....Hawaiian Ti plant, Caladium, Japanese Silver leaf fern, Sweet potato vine, and Penta. Everything in pink or green.

Thumbnail by morganc Thumbnail by morganc
Brigham City, UT(Zone 5b)

They are very beautiful. Can't wait to get mine out.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Stunning !!!!

Ocala, FL(Zone 9a)

Love it :)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you all, I can't wait for this one to grow out a bit.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Do you have a minute to maybe answer a question for me?
I bought an hawaiian ti plant for the first time and it was beautiful, but now I have small round brown dots on the leaves? Do you have any idea what could be happening? I bought it earlier in the spring and kept it indoors waiting for it to warm up. Any help would be appreciated. I thought they were sun, but your arrangement is beautiful but looks to be shade? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

happgarden - my Ti plant is on our back porch which is usually full shade. Perhaps it receives some sun rays in the early morning but that is about it. Here in Texas the sun is very fierce and most times when directions on a plant says..."plant in full sun"....we laugh. A large number of plants that can take full sun elsewhere, will croak in ours. But there is still lots of light on the porch....just not direct sun.

We have a greenhouse where we keep our tropical plants for the winter, and when it is spring and time for them to come outside, we do it gradually, so the plant can get used to a change in it's environment. We'll bring them outside first in the shade for a few days before we'll move them to sun (if it is a sun plant). This process sort of hardens them for the rough summer ahead. An abrupt change in a plant's environment can sometimes be rough on the little guys. Also, for tropical plants, our nights have to have warmed up before we'll leave them out overnight. Cold, as well as heat, can be hard on them. I would move it to shade and see how it does....and remember they LOVE water....don't let it dry out between waterings.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Well maybe that is where I made a mistake, I let it dry out and dry out a little too much. Maybe that is where my brown dots are coming from. Thank you for the advice. We can reach over 100 here and alot of humidity to go with it....maybe ought to rethink the full sun thing....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.