A Gardening Journal & Notebook I made in MS Office OneNote

Kitchener, Canada(Zone 5a)

If anyone might use this Microsoft Office OneNote notebook/journal I put together, feel free. I used a couple of templates from a crappy one online and made the rest myself.

It has a section for plant lists, info and for instructions on each plant, divided by annual vs perennial, and a journal section to keep track of what you've done. I have pages where I've written down tips I've come across (I'm no expert so don't take them for law), a budget page, a page to visually plan my balcony garden etc.

You can see a few screenshots I took here.
http://imgur.com/a/XDjsY#0

It's free of course. You just need MS Office OneNote to open it. I made it for myself, and then realized at one point others might be looking for something like this too.

Download it here (mind the ads)
http://www.mediafire.com/?26eauqn7xxip2wm

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the idea. I might take the plunge at some point as not being able to do some simple things in DG Journal is frustrating. Can you have a photo with the entry? I find that feature very useful on DG. Patti

Yeah, you can drag any picture into the page you want, or copy it and paste it, or link it to the DG page.

It's very changeable... not like a PDF which is kind of in finalized form.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Looks like I will be playing with this idea when I go up to the family Cottage near Algonquin Park in early August. I always work on my garden notes when there with no TV to disturb me. Thanks again for the idea. Patti

You may want to download it ahead of time in case you don't get internet access there.
I hope it helps. It has been awesome for me, keeping track of what I've done and what seeds were started when. So much better than my plain text file from last year, lol.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Thanks, I will get it started before I go to the Great North Woods. Patti

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Blake, that's a beautiful little Journal you made, thanks for sharing.

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks! I just found this post today and downloaded the Template. Yet another MS program to learn, after being a Linux geek for years :)

I've been looking for something to do garden planning/layout for several years. This might be the answer.

Any updates to your original template?

Pleasant View, TN(Zone 7a)

I just found this thread today. I have MS One Note installed on my laptop with Windows 10. I downloaded the file. I can't get my laptop to recognize the file and open it with One Note. I don't see a way in One Note to actually open a file (I'm not really experienced at that software). I'm trying to set up some sort of container gardening journal and I was thinking I might could modify this to fit. Thanks!

Gurgaon, India

Spam deleted.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images