THRIPS! AHHHHH!!!!

Devon, PA

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF THEM! I didn't know the signs and now I see I have a "heavy infestation," as they've started to attack the buds on my Impatiens, which now shrivel up and fall off instead of opening. Also, losing almost all the leaves. IS IT TOO LATE???? PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S HOPE!

We must band together to fight this! Please give me tips and secrets!

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

I've got it but it's not organic. Peonies were attacking my thrips years ago. Every year they would be ruined. I tried organics, but they don't work. Ortho Systemic Insect Control works. I use it premptively on my light colored peonies. The plant absorbs it. They bite, they die. And while not organic, the hummingbirds, butterflies and bees in my garden will testify. The active ingredient is acephate. I only use it once, early in the season before my peonies open. It is considered to be the safest of the old line products, but you can minimize any potential threat to beneficials by using it early in the season.

Devon, PA

Thank you! I did buy a similar product yesterday to try: Bayer 3 in 1 Rose and Flower Care. It's a fertilzer and insecticide, you pour it in the soil, the plant absorbs, etc. Was skeptical, but glad to hear testimony that these sorts of products work!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.