Live and learn

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm new to CP's and just now getting them from online vendors What I have learned is NEVER, never tell an online vendor they sold you crap as you will be told you're stupid and don't deserve our plants and please order somewhere else.

I thought orchid , rose and brugmansia people had it bad but CP people have it at a new level I've never experienced before !

It's ok I have seeds !

This message was edited Apr 17, 2012 6:47 PM

This message was edited Apr 20, 2012 1:17 PM

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

I'll go ahead and talk to myself . I know sign of an Immature schizophrenic, tit, jerk. I was called all of these names on a certain forum for complaining that I was sent crap and that the company could care less . Was also told my grammar stinks.

I paid twenty dollars plus for this VFT . It's half white and not adjusting very well to the REAL world.
the kicker is the letter I received from this vendor .

"We have refunded you the full price of the Paradisia. From our perspective, we are assured that all of the plants left here very healthy, acclimated, and appropriately-sized. We are sorry that that is not your experience with them. It is not necessary to order plants from us in the future if you expect a similar outcome.

Best wishes,

acclimated ? UMM K !

This message was edited May 8, 2012 4:00 PM

Thumbnail by LoveBrug
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Wow, that little guy does look kind of sad.:-(
I myself am fairly new to the growing of CP's. I'm cutting my teeth on Nepenthes that I picked up at the RAM. ( Riverside Arts Market )
There's a guy there that has some really beautiful plants. Have you been growing CP's for a while? What other CP's do you grow?
I've never bought from an online merchant. I like to see the plant before buying. I guess I'm funny (not haha) that way. Which I'm thinking will kind of limit the types of different CP's I can find. I've seen some at some of the big box stores, but there are just some types of plants that I'd rather buy from a smaller nursery, or a grower.
Well, good luck with your little VFT, and it's nice to meet you!

Thumbnail by tlm1
Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from tlm1 :
Wow, that little guy does look kind of sad.:-(
I myself am fairly new to the growing of CP's. I'm cutting my teeth on Nepenthes that I picked up at the RAM. ( Riverside Arts Market )
There's a guy there that has some really beautiful plants. Have you been growing CP's for a while? What other CP's do you grow?
I've never bought from an online merchant. I like to see the plant before buying. I guess I'm funny (not haha) that way. Which I'm thinking will kind of limit the types of different CP's I can find. I've seen some at some of the big box stores, but there are just some types of plants that I'd rather buy from a smaller nursery, or a grower.
Well, good luck with your little VFT, and it's nice to meet you!

Hi Tim !
Yes I go to RAM ! And have bought from the same vendor . Nice to meet you too.
I've bought allot of VFT clones this spring on the Internet . I cut my teeth on Nepenthes too from RAM.

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's the refunded plants from this vendor they were to be five smalls but I received three tinys right out of tissue culture. they're having a bad time in the REAL world.

According to Matt they have been in a greenhouse for months.
All I can say is Matt needs a new greenhouse.

This message was edited May 8, 2012 4:09 PM

Thumbnail by LoveBrug
Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's what "smalls " look like when you get them from a good vendor.

Thumbnail by LoveBrug
Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

I am assuming your Dionaea muscipula came from Flytrapcare.com also known as FlytrapStore?

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from perkoschilefarm :
I am assuming your Dionaea muscipula came from Flytrapcare.com also known as FlytrapStore?

The B 52's aren't

This message was edited Apr 19, 2012 1:41 PM

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

ok but the Paradisia did right?

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from perkoschilefarm :
ok but the Paradisia did right?

OH YEAH, are they not Paradise ? I did get a refund but would rather of had a small plant.
Anyway they're other places selling Paradisia and will spend my money there and maybe get a real plant ?

This message was edited Apr 19, 2012 2:58 PM

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

The spin you will hear is Paradisia and Spider are genetically small plants so we must deal with WHITE plants ? BS I was sent white plants not ready for sun or anything. The most funny thing I heard on a forum was white leafs are a signal for healthy rhizomes ! Please give us a break and sell us what we bought ! And stop the BS
Also this vendor that sold me these wonderful plants has a feedback area for said plants ordered on his site I grantee you'll never see my feedback ( it's been days) . If he reads this thread and puts up my feedback on his site unaltered then wonderful.

This message was edited Apr 19, 2012 2:44 PM

This message was edited Apr 19, 2012 4:34 PM

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

It's so refreshing to get what you paid for . This vendor who sold me this plant knows what to send and appreciates his costumer's as well as the American dollar.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2012 11:51 AM

Thumbnail by LoveBrug

That is a beauty! Congrats!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

What is the name of the first vendor you had trouble with? Also HOW are you keeping the plant? Inside? Outside? What kid of water? How much Sunlight ? We need to know.

Yes! We do need to know!
I would think that with the temps., and the humidity that has already shown it's 'ugly' face….That they were probably outside???
I know that my Nepenthes has been out on my deck for a while now. And with the lack of rain, I've been watering and filling pitchers with distilled water. Let's all pray for rain!!!!! Lord knows we need it!

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from tommyr2006 :
What is the name of the first vendor you had trouble with? Also HOW are you keeping the plant? Inside? Outside? What kid of water? How much Sunlight ? We need to know.

Hi Tommy,
The first vendor is FlyTrapStore they offer many rare and or exclusive VFT clones but what good are they when what they send are barely out of their tissue culture flasks ? Or divisions that have never seen light since being divided. I understand it takes years for a VFT to reach a respectable size and have no problem with (smalls) but do have a problem with paying good money for plants that need to be coddled as they are sent out unacclimatized. I did get a nice KMS from this vendor and left appropriate feedback but this matters not with them if you have a problem .
I keep my plants outside in full sun ( after acclimated ) they are protected from late afternoon sun . I use RODI water as I keep a reef tank and raise seahorses so have the unit anyway.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2012 5:47 PM

This message was edited Apr 21, 2012 6:22 PM

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from tlm1 :
Yes! We do need to know!
I would think that with the temps., and the humidity that has already shown it's 'ugly' face….That they were probably outside???
I know that my Nepenthes has been out on my deck for a while now. And with the lack of rain, I've been watering and filling pitchers with distilled water. Let's all pray for rain!!!!! Lord knows we need it!

Hehehe you got your wish ! It's down pouring here on Fleming Island!
Hope you get some rain too.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2012 6:41 PM

Hehehe…We finally did get some of that rain! It lasted about 15 minutes, and JEA couldn't handle it! The power went out, and has finally returned after an hour and a half! Good Lord help us if we really get a storm!!!!

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from tlm1 :
Hehehe…We finally did get some of that rain! It lasted about 15 minutes, and JEA couldn't handle it! The power went out, and has finally returned after an hour and a half! Good Lord help us if we really get a storm!!!!

Gosh Tim that stinks. It's rained here pretty much all night long with this dry Spring everything looks 100% greener this morning.
I lived in JAX as a young adult many, many moons ago not only do I remember the power outages when it rained but the same streets would flood like clockwork !

LoveBrug,I can tell you that THAT hasn't changed…No matter how much money they spend on"improvements"…It's still the same!

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm sure Matt owner of FTS is not a member here so look at this BS http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/8062/
You think Matt really wants to see a Picture of the Paradisia he sent me next to a Paradisia sent by another vendor both (smalls) ? He's so full of it and I hope all his special clones get root rot !
Not going to let this problem ruin my new interest. The way this guy goes on (MATT) you would think he's been into carnivorous plants forever. Anyone with a computer can see he has no business telling a costumer they are wrong.

This message was edited May 1, 2012 10:00 PM

This message was edited May 1, 2012 10:08 PM

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Look I got a real Paradisia it's still getting over shipping but love it already.
I guess it's unhealthy ? As it's not half white . You see as a NOOB I have NO idea when I'm sent crap or not thankfully we have VenusFlyTrapStore.com to tell us NOOB's we are stupid and half white plants are standard when a vendor ships out VFT's.
I just hate getting unhealthy plants.

This message was edited May 2, 2012 2:32 PM

This message was edited May 3, 2012 6:00 PM

Thumbnail by LoveBrug
Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's my only named clone from VenusFlyTrapStore.Com 's Infamous mystery box I was SO delighted to receve Dentate Traps so tiny that I had to wait to take PICS of them so they would show up .
Apparently VenusFlyTrapStore.Com has received enough European shipments of tiny plants that they think it's good to go here in the USA to do the same thing.
Crap is Crap .

Thumbnail by LoveBrug
Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

The saddest thing I received from Flytrapstore.com is this Cepalotus follicularis I paid a bit extra to have it sent potted they no longer have this option. Honestly what I received literally fell out of the pot when I unpacked it.
According to Matt the owner of FlyTrapStore.com this plant had been re-potted three months ago and sent in it's own pot. I'm not kidding it fell out of it's pot. They lie.
Well here's the sad thing now . It's almost hopeless.

This message was edited Jun 1, 2012 12:04 PM

Thumbnail by LoveBrug
Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Never give up on hope ! I may be a NOOB to CP's but not new to gardening . I researched Cephalotus follicularis and found it's very root sensitive so when I ordered one from FlytrapStore.com I chose the potted option so imagine my surprise when it fell out of it's pot when I unpacked it.
It lives and when it's truly rooted I can't wait to get it out of this poorly draining tacky drinking cup.

Thumbnail by LoveBrug Thumbnail by LoveBrug
Beverly Hills, CA

Hi Lovebrug,
I am not here to defend Matt or contradict your experience, but I will point out that Matt lives in Ashland Oregon which is a very mild (actually, somewhat cold) and more humid climate. He very well may have hardened them off just find for his climate but on reaching yours the change was drastic enough to stress the plant. Personally, I always harden my plants off for at least two weeks whether they have been hardened off by a vendor or now (longer for nepenthes). I have lost a few plants I bought from FTS but most have done very well using this hardening off procedure. I know Matt does not put this in the instructions he encloses, I wish he would.
Best of luck, and I simpathize, I know how frustrating it is to buy a plant and have it die of rather quickly. Hopefully this helps you.

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from ayahuasca :
Hi Lovebrug,
I am not here to defend Matt or contradict your experience, but I will point out that Matt lives in Ashland Oregon which is a very mild (actually, somewhat cold) and more humid climate. He very well may have hardened them off just find for his climate but on reaching yours the change was drastic enough to stress the plant. Personally, I always harden my plants off for at least two weeks whether they have been hardened off by a vendor or now (longer for nepenthes). I have lost a few plants I bought from FTS but most have done very well using this hardening off procedure. I know Matt does not put this in the instructions he encloses, I wish he would.
Best of luck, and I simpathize, I know how frustrating it is to buy a plant and have it die of rather quickly. Hopefully this helps you.

Well nothing died my post is about what was sent . Humid in OR ? Have ever been to Florida ?
Yes I do give mail order plants a break from sun and weather or whatever as well .
This post was and is about what was sent and how rude this vendor can be when called out on sending CRAP.

Greenback, TN(Zone 7a)

WELL I'm disappointed With DG's CP forum and please run away as Matt ( VFTSTORE.COM) is now into Nepenthes .
OMG I learned about the CRAP this guy sends with VFT's with my own money I can just guess what he will do with NEPS !
Maybe some unclean T/C 's from NEPS ? Who knows ? I just know it's time to re-pot my VFT's and my good clones did not come from Matt 'y the customer is wrong Matt .
Not over it yet still love CP's . Hope he got a new greenhouse as he needs one.

Any new people to this thread please see the 20 plus dollar plant that was sent to me. But it's a Spider ! I should be happy to recive a plant like this for 20 plus dollars !

John

This message was edited Jan 25, 2013 1:35 PM

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Order something from Sarracenia Northwest and thank me later! TOP NOTCH guys. Check out their web site and watch their videos.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.