What are you eating from your garden right now?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Please share what you are eating from your garden.

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat Thumbnail by AYankeeCat Thumbnail by AYankeeCat Thumbnail by AYankeeCat Thumbnail by AYankeeCat
Thomaston, CT

I have nothing except mustard greens, & they already are flowering....asparagus will be soon.....rhubarb after that.....

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I planted some leaf lettuce and radicchio plants in two large pots. They have been in nearly 3 weeks and I am about to start harvesting the lettuce, 'Red Sails'.
Martha

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Nothing yet, but lettuces are coming along as are the peas.

Thomaston, CT

Can't believe how fast the asparagus came up! Several stalks can be picked....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

hanging my head in shame I have nothing edible right now...I really need to plant some veggies

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Lettuce and radicchio. Only things I have planted at the moment. I have just come down after wrangling two flower shows and the weather has been awful, cold and drizzly here for a couple of weeks. I want to get some peas in and mesclun also.
Martha.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Lettuce from my neighbor, does that count?
He gave me enough to fill my sink....the best lettuce I ever had

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Only eating my asparagus.....

Lettuce from you neighbor's yard DOES count as I count the food from MY neighbor's yard.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Works like a co-op for you Memory

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

When do you cut rhubarb? I've never done it before, but want to make Hank a strawberry rhubarb pie for his birthday. It's his favorite! I should have asparagus soon. Yum!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Mine, too. Hint hint. ;)

There are pea pods, now they need to fill out.

Thomaston, CT

The rhubarb stalks should be fairly large, otherwise they'll be stringy.....lucky Hank!

Re: rhubarb - I always cut it in the Fall - which is wrong, but the stalks are large by then. Added two more rhubarb plants last year but the stalks look spindly so I guess I won't cut them this year.

Picked baby plants that looked edible for a salad this morning. The baby mustards were spicy! I love spicy greens! Found a rogue lettuce that must have self-seeded from last year. I hope there are more of them!

Thomaston, CT

Lucky you, Memory! I planted the rhubarb last year, & my stalks are too thin as well....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Farmer's market down the road from me is now open!! YAY!!! they do hothouse tomatoes, the BEST tasting tomatoes I've ever had!!!

Thomaston, CT

There's a farm near my art class that does the greenhouse toms....I agree...they are good....

Altoona, PA(Zone 6a)

Spinach, kale, leaf lettuce, radishes, green onion, bok choy.

Over-winter leeks, Lamb's Quarters, Arrugla and mystery greens.

Alpine strawberries.

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

I've eaten chives,basil I have growing in a pot, and Rhubarb. For DonnieBrook and anyone else that might not know you don't cut stacks, you pull on them sideways and they break off just below the ground. It's healthier for the plant. Hot weather slows them down.

Thumbnail by Doug9345
Thomaston, CT

Thanks for the tip!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Just picked a few peas and put it near the one box of lettuce.

Thumbnail by Jan23
Thomaston, CT

Wow...I got my peas in the day after St. Paddy's, & they're no where near ready!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

My goal was to plant them March 1 because of the nice weather early on, but didn't actually get them in til the 12th. If I want any crop of substance though I really need to plant more. I think back to my childhood and the awesome garden my folks had. I certainly didn't appreciate it then like I do now. I did NOT like to weed. I was even known to 'weed' the spinach vigorously cuz I didn't like it. I remember my dad sitting at the kitchen table slicing green beans to make them into French style beans.

Thomaston, CT

It was my Grandma who had the huge garden....I loved picking her rhubarb.....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

The question today should be what am I NOT eating from my garden today. That would be some lettuce. The green leafy lettuce was as lush and full as the pic with the peas, but was in a different box. Here is what I saw this morning and the second pic shows the culprit. This happened overnight. AAACCCKKK!!!

Thumbnail by Jan23 Thumbnail by Jan23
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

:(

:(

Thomaston, CT

Wow....what a hungry critter.....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I know, right? There are probably more, but I couldn't see them. The other box seems fine. I need to go through it with a fine-tooth comb to check.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

EEEK!!!!! He had friends. And I found a couple in the other box. NNNOOOOO!!!!!

Thomaston, CT

Oh, dear......

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I had them up on the deck to keep away from bunnies, not thinking about other critters. Guess I should net them in the future. Not too anxious to see what tomorrow brings.

What am I eating from my garden right now? Nothing. 1/2 planted. Jen 60 tomatoe plants. Last year 89 so I cut it by a 1/3 :-)

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Eating crow. It has been raining on and off for the past two weeks.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Just picked a mess of peas. Why is it called that? Or is that just what my folks called it so I do too?

The rain has been skirting around us. Boohoo!! We can hear rumbles, but no drops. It is frustrating! It is pretty dry here.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Not from my garden but from the market

Biggest blueberry I've EVER seen, heart shaped strawberry

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Can't wait until my son's blues are ready....also, love native strawberries, but not many places grow them anymore.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.