March's kiln-load

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

Got some finished stuff out of the kilns last month. I made a lot of cups and soapdishes because I was testing glazes. This was my first experiment with sprayed glaze using my compressor, and I didn't know how anything would turn out. I was really pleased with most of the glazes, and I like spraying a whole lot better than any other method of glazing I've tried so far. Most of these are ^10; a few are ^5. One of the big grapevine bowls has to be refired, again, as the glaze has bubbles in it. Not sure if the glaze was too thick, or if I loaded it in the wrong spot in the kiln. I think the glaze may have cooled too fast.

Photos are here:
http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/imapigeon/2012%20Spring%20Semester%20Portfolio/1203/

Currentlly working on throwing & piercing orchid planters...they're a lot of work!

The tenmoku grapevine vase was my favorite piece of this batch, but it's so shiny I couldn't get a good picture of it because it reflects everything!

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!