Does anyone have a Stewasria Tree

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

I have came up with a Stewastia Tree and would like your feed back on this tree.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Highly recommended. Hardy, beautiful blooms, mottled trunk.

Thumbnail by growin
Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Some Google searching and I saw it listed as zone 5, at other places zone 6. Anyone with experience?

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Stewartia pseudocamellia [Koreana Group] (syn. Stewartia koreana) is smaller growing than S. pseudocamellia and hardy to zone 5 http://hcs.osu.edu/hcs/tmi/plantlist/st_reana.html

Thumbnail by growin
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Many stewartia's available, though pseudocamellia is most common.
Certainly one of my favorite trees.
Nice bloom, beautiful bark, beautiful flowers, which bloom after the spring rush, nice fall color... what more could you want in a tree?

Growin showed you flowers and trunk above.
Here are views of fall color and abundance of flowers, both stewartia pseudocamellia.
Final shot is related tree, stewartia rostrata.

This message was edited Apr 14, 2012 10:56 AM

Thumbnail by Weerobin Thumbnail by Weerobin Thumbnail by Weerobin
Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

What would you say a fair price would be for this Tree?

At the nursery they told me that this is a rare tree? Is It?

The tree fits right in the area that I need it.

I do have a PH of 7 will it work out OK?

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Depends on if the tree is container or b&b (Balled & Burlapped), how tall the tree is and what health it is at. I wouldn't say this tree is common or rare. It is a tree deserving more attention ~ Rolls Royce of trees. Keep that in mind when reviewing it for your garden.

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

It is a b&b and around 5 feet. It is in good health

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

quoted price?

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

$135.00

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

It is not overpriced for retail and the size. I've seen them for less but that was wholesale. Compare this: http://www.hortresource.com/downloads/HORTAvail.pdf w/5-6' @ 240.00. If the nursery who quoted you is good, I'd go for it. Prepare the planting hole correctly.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.