S. muscicola

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is my lovely little Sinningia growing amongst woodland mosses in my bowl terrarium.

Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Beautiful pictures.
Lynn

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you.

South, TX

Very pretty!

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Cool! S. muscicola is a great species to grow, blooms profusely, makes plenty of seed, is easy and quickly propagated by seed, cutting or leaf and therefore makes a nearly perfect terrarium plant.

Keep us posted on the progress of this plant, please! I can hardly wait to see how it will turn out because this species is so variable in foliage color/pattern and bloom color...

Olaf

This is my original plant of S. muscicola in a 1.5" pot. it doesn't exactly stay "micro mini" in my conditions...

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

wow,great pictures of your terrarium.

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Update on my Sinningia and the rest of my little terrarium. I have removed all of the hair moss and replaced it with liverwort and added a P. primuliflora just for kicks. I still have the Sinni in the center with the Anubias off to one side. As you can see in the pic the liverwort is still under construction and I am still up to tricky ideas for the rest of it. Hope everyone enjoys the somewhat neglected tiny half completed terrarium sphere.

Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm
Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Sinningia shot and it as sprawled out a bit but still tiny compared to the Dwarf Anubias.

It is shaping up beautifully.
Lynn

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Long time since my last post here on my little Sinningia. After I lost the tiny terrarium I figured the little guy was gone to and I tossed a mass of sphagnum from the terrarium onto my orchid. I had done this some months back and I only mist my orchid with some RO water each week or so. This is what I noticed a couple days ago...looking better than ever!

That's great.Never throw away a Sinningia .They can surprise you.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

They are indeed persistent little plants!

Karen

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is the latest shot of my not so little Sinningia. There are 5 seed pods ripening and 2 more that have split open and dropped seeds.

This message was edited Aug 7, 2013 2:51 PM

Wow,it's come a long ways!

Lynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.