Our Frog Friends 2012

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Spring weather is coming and I have had many a noisy nights with tree frogs that have found their way to my pond. This couple was moved from my skimmer during cleaning and did not see the least bit shy at staying close.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
McKinney, TX

Here's Mr. Froggy.

Thumbnail by FountainMan
Athens, PA

Looks like they have found you in your new home, Bea. So glad as I know how much enjoyment they bring.

Love your pictures.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Been slow on the frog sightings. There are no bull frogs here and the little tree frogs seem to have gone on vacation elsewhere. Really miss them. Also miss them helping with bug control. Lots of bugs this summer they could be snacking on.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This little guy was adorable hanging out on a nastursium leaf. About a quarter inch big. I was surprised to see him. He even stayed put while I ran inside to get my camera.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

There was an article in our paper about tiny little tree frogs that inhabit a pond briefly in the spring to mate and bear young. The pond is just a mile or so from out house right on the coast. then they retreat back to the woods. Have been doing this for many years. That explains the occasional tiny frog we find in our lawn. Maybe it rains frogs as it is too far away for him to hop?

Nooksack, WA

Knock Knock...6 tree frogs want in the family room slider. Must be cold tonight.
Not a real good picture with the, cell phone, flash and background reflections.

Thumbnail by Spitzkopf

Well I could see four. Poor little fellows. Just not ready for the long winter's sleep. They aren't the nasty ones the guys down in Florida speak of are they? No. Couldn't be. Probably relative to our tree frogs up here.

Nooksack, WA

No we don't get the CTFs up here, we don't even have bull frogs, mostly these little guys. Every once in a while I get a brown frog about the size of an old silver dollar. I hate it when I have to mow the lawn, always on the lookout for a jumper so he doesn't get sucked up, but looks like they survived pretty good this year. Come spring I have hundreds in the back yard. They even invade the house. Had one hanging on the commode handle in the bathroom. That kinda freaked Irene out when she flushed...lol. We have some big salamanders also but they are illusive. It's just the hot dog size slugs that I war with. I don't think they have a predator here except me and their not very tasty, shrink and curl up on the grill also.

Yuk. I will make due with my small ones the size of your little finger and mostly smaller. And nice size earthworms. But I am careful to not hurt them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.