CLOSED: It's time for the froggie swap reveal!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Going to mail mine in the morning. Hopping on it's way Saturday.....

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

hip hip hopping up & down iF i DON'T SETTLE DOWN i'LL BE CROAKING WHAT WONDERFUL BOX OF FROGS I GOT TODAY :) hehe

Oh Carol How did you Know I TRULLY TRULLY DID or DO NEED THIS HAT . TY SO Much & Your all going to get to see Just the Hat For I Have a RUDOPHS RED Nose from the sun this week. YEP ITS REALLY ME UNDER THERE
& jsx if you see this well you might reconise the ear in the eye tiger my 1st try on the shirt :))) that was to be yours:) HEHE

next is my froggie bird feeder already in place :) luv-it luv-it
next is my new rain gauge witch i will need this weekend with all the rain that is moving in or so they say. luv-it
my two pks of franchi one cardo & one rhubarb & a pk of mixed morning glories going to plant soon :)
then there are 3 LILIUM TIGRINUM MIX BULBS & I DO LOVE MY BULBS
NOW I HAVE TO END THIS POST TO POST ONE LAST PICTURE :) BACK SOON

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Boy, those are some awesome froggie prezzies! Love that hat!

Everyone is getting such awesome froggies! Will get a box out to my partner next week!

HERE IS MY LITTLE POT HANGER FROG & MY NEW KEY HANGER NOW HANGING NEXT TO MY DOORWAY FOR MY KEYS
& PIC #2 IS OF MY LITTLE FROG HANGING IN THE NEW CLIMBING HYDRANGEA PLANT THAT I JUST GOT FROM MY FRIEND ACROSS TOWN :)

YA KNOW IF SOME OF YOU WOULD MOVE CLOSER TO ME I Could help you out as a partner in crime finding plants :) I Have so many around here that Its a wonder I'm Not Behind bars .
well off to fix supper then play in the garden a bit .

carol I love ya girl you are as wonderful as all my new gifts thank you so much .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

That hat is priceless how fun is that...rofl....
Great pressies.....

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

LOL some really neat FROGGIES!!! I need a bigger box grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr back to PO I go!!!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Wonderful frogs flying around here! It's always so fun to see the different varieties that are found. I've got most of what I plan on sending, but want something special :) Will hopefully get mine in the mail Monday after I close on the house..

Speaking of which- later next week I may be offline for a few days while we switch/move things over to the new house..but I'll be back as soon as I can to see what new frogs have arrived :)

Everybody be safe this weekend-those of you in TX,OK,KS,NE, IA (heck, that's me!) and so on as this storm front rolls through- they expect to see some tornadoes from it :(

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Oh Susie, you got as good as you sent! Carole really found you some great frog goodies!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

What great froggies, all so different and unique!

Have a great Walk for the Cure tomorrow, Debbie.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Love those froggies Susie!

Awesome Froggies so far!!!!!

I'm Very much in love with all my froggies & I"VE Wore My new Hat out in the garden all day since i took it out of the box My brother says its harder to spot me in the garden for i blend into the weeds :) HEHE

all you MID-WESTERNERS Better Come Noth for a few days till the Storms blow through :) Or stay in your basements . well its been a long day suffering with these dry itchy , red eyes , allergies.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

OMG! i jist love that hat, DJ! but, i told ya ta send me that 'MISTAKE" teeshirt! lol
taters............dont! you more than hit the mark w/ your box! i am so happy w/ yer choices! it jist mistify me how that broke........and the ceramic frog pot it was in..........was unharmed!!!

We had freaky huge hail storm this afternoon.

Thumbnail by purpbutfly Thumbnail by purpbutfly Thumbnail by purpbutfly
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

Love your box Susie. And that hat, best hat I have ever seen. My box hopped off today so if you hear ribbits, you might want to check the front stoop.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Darn, Cindy, I hope your house and vehicles are OK.

Yea they are but I'm afraid my plants are going to freeze. There is nothing i can do now to protect them. Had no idea this was coming

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Freaky weather indeed, Cindy, for CA. Ugh! I lived there almost 40 years and don't remember even one hailstorm where I was. And I was up in Nor Cal in Redding (fairly close to where you are) for 17 years. :(

Susie, I'm glad you liked everything. (I almost kept the hat - oops.) If ya'll don't eat Swiss Chard and Cardoon, they are quite hardy and make beautiful ornamental plants around the yard and gardens as well.

^_^

I love Swiss Chard. I have the colored stems and they are stunning at the old house...Do not have the Cardoon yet!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me too on the chard, Kris. Love the stuff. I think you'll want the Cardoon even just for the ornamental value and they are perennial in your zone and heavy reseeders (can get out of control at times). This variety can get 6 ft. tall and will grow in clay soil without much supplemental water. I can send you some seed once you're ready for it. :)

OH MY 6 FT Really carol ??? not for me though right. if so i will plant it out inn the flowerbed so i can make shade for other plants :) way cool won't have to plant a tree ;) yes i love the swiss chard also , but with being on coumadine i'm nnot allow to much green foods .

I Have lots of HORSERADISH PLANTS anyone want any ? the leaves get about 3ft tall & they are pretty as a back ground plant .

well back to my rocks

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think that tall for you too, Susie. But may not be perennial there like it is here. I just don't know.

Yes, you have to watch some things if you are on blood thinners, for sure, I know. I grow the Swiss Chard as an ornamental plant as well ... in a perennial border or wherever it can be tucked into the landscape. It is so pretty with the red stalks. Very decorative. It will tolerate some shade but not full shade. That variety is super hardy and will be perennial for you too, I think, until it bolts to seed (usually 2nd or 3rd year here). I hate to say for sure in different climate zones. YKWIM.

THIS IS MY HORSERADISH BUT IT GETS UP TO ABOUT 3-4FT TALL PENDING ON THE WEATHER WE HAVE
can anyone tell me what this plant is ??? pic 2

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Ralph got a small bonus check so we get to eat this week...lol I am still shell shocked at the price of deposits for utilities here.

Susie would love some horseradish,,, maybe later??

Sure thing on the Cardoon seeds too!! I will be tilling up a bed in about 3 weeks I hope. I need to plot a layout for the beds too. So much work.. wish ya'll were close by,, sure could use some help!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Kris, just holler when you're ready for the seeds. Or I can go ahead and send them, if you'd like. :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Look at all those hoppers going crazy here in the 'Garden'. So cool love them all. The tree frogs here are already driving everyone nuts. I think I'm the only one in the area that sits outside to listen to them.

How do you cook swiss chard? I've never had it.

Susie, doesn't horseradish get out of hand for you? I heard it does, so I've never planted it.

roby as far as mine it has not the roots will travel to china so don't grow it by a house but i have it out in my back yard it dose great . eah year i do have a few more sprouts but them that is ok for i share it every year also.
well super over brother is home so off to the outdoors to move plants around before the rain tonight .

Hop, Hop, Hop,
Just can't Stop.
Hop, west, Hop Fast.
Hop, Hop, Hop.
Here I hop, Save me bugs,
I'll be hungry when I get there....
Hop, Hop, Hop
I'm gonna wear My hopper out.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Carol .... does well in clay soil you say? I'd love some if it does!

DJ .... I'd also like some horseradish if you have enough. What is it's light requirement?

Cindy ..... so sorry about the hail! Hope your plants pull through!
Great boxes you girls have received. I think I can get mine finished up tomorrow to mail Monday!

We got 1 3/4" of rain last night. I'm so glad we are having a wet spring. We sure needed it after last summer! At least the ponds and lakes will get filled back up, I hope. And not have the flooding we had a couple years ago. More chance of rain tonight, but nothing showing up on the radar right now.

We had our "Family Day" today. Cooked out burgers and dogs. Everyone brought stuff. Sooooooooo good! DH took the 3 yo DGD for a ride on the donkey. Everyone was following her around taking pictures and video's. It was like her own little entourage. sp? She is the only grandchild/neice so far on his side of the family, so she is pretty spoiled, but very good. Then I was saddleing the horses so his sister and I could go ride, and she wanted to ride my horse too. So I put a little pillow in front of me and she went riding with us too. She loved it! And of course, so did I!!!!!!!!!

DH and I are going to work on my new flower bed out by the road tomorrow. Have to gather up some more big rocks for it. Sure hope not too many people help themselves to a bouquet now and then. lol I don't mind sharing, as long as they leave the plants and some for me. tee hee I'm really not worried here in our little 'family of neighbors'. Everyone would share anything they had!

Been offline for several days and a bunch more posts to read up on. Can't wait to see the froggies land in their new home so we can see!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

ROFL @ Charleen!!!!!! You are a hoot!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Crit, the cardoon seeds are what you want?

The Frog swaps are my favorite swaps.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

What an incredible picture. He is soooo cute and so tiny.

Working today at the office, but did manage to get my buddies package for the frog swap Friday evening, sorry you are going to get only one frog but I had to get it..... now how to mail and hope it gets there in one piece....this part I hate, I always have regrets when I get ready to mail on what I have bought....it is never easy to cram stuff in a box.

Winds are horrible here....but nothing like the tornados the folks got....

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nothing wrong with one fine fat frog. :-)

Yep, I have mailing anxiety too. Just about every time. You'd think I would have resolved that by now. Not. :-D

It was very windy here this morning but died down now. Maybe your wind means we'll have more in a little while. :(

Me too. I never know if package is going to be in one piece or many pieces...
So We got to Think good thoughts when we mail our beloved frogs out to the new owners...

I have learned to NOT put FRAGILE on the package. For some reason when you put fragile on the boxes it encourages the idiots to play football with them. But I do make sure it doesn't rattle either!!!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I played it safe.. I bought something made out of METAL for my buddy .. ^_^

Chris you are a smart woman...rofl...

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good thinking. :-D

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.