First Canna Bloom of the year!..........

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

This bloomed so early this year, and there are more buds right behind it. Whoo-hoo!

Thumbnail by morganc
Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

ALWAYS good to see the first bloom .. :D Because you know more will be coming!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

YES.....I'm so excited!!! I am already getting great leaves on the Cleos.

Thumbnail by morganc
cullman, AL(Zone 7b)

i took a chance on some cleo canna roots from walmart, i've kept them far away from my other cannas just in case.. Well sadly the first leaf has some green and lighter green streaks, i think its virused.. I'm going to wait till the 2nd leaf comes up, but i think its a goner :(

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I've always gotten most of our Cannas from Horn Canna Farm.........never had a sickie!

I've bought Tropicanna from Home Depot and never had a sickie.

cullman, AL(Zone 7b)

I got a tropicanna from home depot also years ago and it was just fine. I thought i would give this one a try but i dont think it will be sticking around long.. Were in the process of moving so not to sure on when a garden will be going in so i wanted to wait before i started ordering a bunch of things, but though it was only $6 i'll try it.. Should of just went to BK and got a combo instead lol

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

No.....plants are always better!!! :-))

cullman, AL(Zone 7b)

lol true, but not if they are have viruses and you have to toss them out a few weeks later.. Seem like just a waste to me :(...

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Just watch where you buy them from. You can return to Horn Canna if plant is sick.

cullman, AL(Zone 7b)

ya i knew i was taking a chance, i just had hope.. We'll see in a few more days, it doesnt look as bad as it did before the leaf opened.. Either way its a good 40 feet away from the rest of mine, just to be safe.. I gave up my entire collection last summer to move from canada to the US and the only ones i have so far i started from seeds.. Its not the end of the world if i lost them all, but i would like to see them get bigger and see what i have growing.. Since with seeds you never know when it will turn out like.. Were just waiting to get our house before i start getting all the ones i had to leave behind, maybe even a few more

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL....yeah.....a "few"more!!!

cullman, AL(Zone 7b)

yep theres always just a "few" more to add lol

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Beautiful cleo leaf! The ones I had reverted to plain leaves several years ago... so disappointing. I miss those beautiful leaves.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

My Cleos don't always have markings......so maybe your's will come back.

Chula Vista, CA

Hi! I'm very new to Cannas but my fiancé has a green thumb and does fabulous with them. That red and yellow canna is beautiful! What type is it? Thanks Morganc Geri Cross

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

I brought my Canna from the basement and put it in a sunny area , fed it with Bonemeal and watered it but I noticed that my first green leaf wilted . What should I do?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Geri - that canna is called Rosemond Cole I believe. I bought most of my cannas from the Horn Canna Farm, but that was years ago.

cytf - Usually Cannas love water.....at least they do here in Texas. I do not dig mine up so I don't know how that works. If I had to do that, I would not plant them....LOL I so admire all you canna lovers who do that each year.

Canna Tropicanna

Thumbnail by morganc
Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

I kept it in the pot and over wintered it.

Chula Vista, CA

Thank you Morgan! I just bought a Black Knight, a deep red and beautiful from San Diego pond and garden. Cannas also love San Diego. I will upload a pic soon. Thanks again, Geri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.