Look forward to the first flower on this one

Mulberry, FL

White veined Dutchman's Pipe Vine I call it scooter bug lol

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I've got one of those too .. can't wait for it to flower!

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Polydames Butterfly larvae feed from the leaves. The seed pod is an interesting design too. The vine has climbed up to the top of my Jacaranda tree where its seed pods dance in the winds!

Mulberry, FL

Usually as a rule most people keep this in hanging basket doesn't grow that long I have another here that does this is the white veined leaf

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I have these coming up in my yard and I am blessed. I've been digging them up and putting them in hanging baskets. I will have some many blooming soon I can't wait to see them swinging in the breeze...

Edinburg, TX

I need to dig up and repot some too. I had one in a basket hanging from a tree and now they are coming up in the yard from fallen seed. Must do so soon lest that underground tuber get too big.

The Polydamus Swallowtails have never used it as a larval host in my yard even though I have a 3 ft x 3 ft raised flower bed of it! They have used a. durior though. I have one of those growing on a wire trellis.

The Pipevine Swallowtails are happy using either species of airistolochia but they prefer the native a. erecta I keep in pots. However, that species is a small low growing plant that won't so feed very many caterpillars so I keep them protected so I can harvest seeds.

I grow mainly butterfly larval host plants in my yard so everything gets eaten down several times a year!

This message was edited Mar 15, 2015 6:31 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.