Clematis Integriflora - What does it look like just breaking

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I haven't been gardening these past four years due to illness. I'm just getting back into it and know that two of my surviving plants are clematis integriflora which are, for lack of a better description, much shorter than regular clematis vines. Anyway, I can't remember what they look like in Spring just breaking ground and I'd like to find them before things get too wild out there so that I can better protect them. Does anyone have pictures or know of a site that might have pictures of integriflora a few days after breaking ground? I'd really appreciate any info. I can't believe how early everything is and I have clematis vines growing everywhere like eight weeks too early. If I recall. clematis don't break ground too early in the spring and I don't see anything that look like integriflora. Thanks

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

While I don't have a shot of it as it just broke ground, this is how it looks now. Maybe the leaves will be a hint for your clematis.

Glad you're feeling better and out gardening again. Come join us on the Clematis Forum for some chat.

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.