Spring bulbs blooming

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

The tulips have started here but there are still daffodils blooming. These pictures are in the backyard.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita

Here is the right side front yard.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita

And now to the left side front yard.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

The daffodils have bloomed, and some of the tulips have big buds, but the real surprise in the garden is the profusion of allium. I love them because each stalk has so many tiny flowers. This year I added mont blanc and some schubertii, and I can't wait to see them.

I have never planted any allium. Don't know what to do with them round balls on a stick, ha-ha.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

The large ones are tall and statuesque and last for a long time. They come in purplish/lavender, blue and white with all different kinds of heads. I can;t wait to see the schubertii allium with their hairy fingers.

The stand regal with the tall bearded irises and lilies, and they ask so little. The large heads have heavy strong stems, the smaller ones have delicate stems you can barely see. The are a welcome sight as they seem to be in bloom when not too much else is, and the blooms (more than 100 per head) last a long time.

They ask for so little, and I give them even less. (Bad plant mother.)

Thumbnail by cathy166

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.