Which JM might fit the bill?

(Zone 4b)

I am short of space, especially re spread so I am looking for a JM which is tree like ie not a a spreading bush, which will grow to about 5 foot in height, has red foliage through the spring and summer and whose leaves are *not* the dissected, lacey style. What do you suggest?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

rouge you will want to look at dwarf maples - there are many to choose from - your best bet is to check some online resellers and search what they are offering for dwarfs and come back to us with your choices which we can commment on.

(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the post. I have done some looking on line but I have yet to find a dwarf JM that satisfies the conditions I have listed.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

How about 'Skeeter's Broom' or 'Elizabeth'?

Ripon, CA

Rhode Island Red seems to meet all the required criteria

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have the Akita yatsubusa and it get only 4 ft tall. It is a natural dwarf tree.

(Zone 4b)

Marie, I would love to see a picture of your yatsubusa in your garden.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have it in a pot now. It is just putting out new leaves. It is about 3 years old and and has grown very little. Just a nice little cute tree.

Thumbnail by marie_kap
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8b)

Try twombley's red sentinel. Beautiful red. Also, Skeeters Broom fits the bill. I will send pics if there is still interest in this question.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.